Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
uh, pause/break halts console output until you press a key.

the gently caress? how many of you have graduated highschool yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jP6MFBXFaA

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

echinopsis posted:

spill the deets so we can tell you where you went wrong

Captain Foo posted:

I got a mechanical keyb

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

best alps

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

eschaton posted:

weird stuff had a few on Saturday, by the way

nice. i have one and an adb-usb adapter. the only problem is some of the switches are so worn i have to open them and re-bend the contacts to get all the keys to work reliably, and well, :effort:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

do you have a private office? if not, do you mind being that rear end in a top hat who thinks it's okay to have a keyboard that sounds like distant machine gun fire in a shared space?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

perhaps you should consider finding employment as something other than a typist

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

racoon natural speed king? it didn't get any better.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

LochNessMonster posted:

your keeb is as cool as your nixie tube clock.

savage burn

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

you know that hunter thompson line about the drug collection in fear and loathing? it's that but with keyboards

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Generic Monk posted:

ive had an apple adjustable keyboard lying around for ages which I really want to use. thing has alps switches and loving *pbt keys* but I can't justify spending like £70 on the imate adapter thing

i have the apple extended keyboard II with the alps switches and it's pretty loving sw8. a few of the switches are worn to the point of needing to be rebuilt though

the adb-usb adapter is still half the price of an equivalent new keyboard, so there's that

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

i also have a das pro with mx browns. it is v. good

they are not by any means quiet, except by comparison to the machine gun sounding mx blues

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

it works with the usb-adb adapter i have

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

show me your keyboard, nerd

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

if they cut off your hands to keep you from ever typing again, that also solves the problem right?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Sniep posted:

blue = loud clicky because clicking louder means better nerd
brown = not as loud

theres more colors too and they each are slightly different in miniscule ways

brown is still pretty darn loud though

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Salt Fish posted:

a serious office worker who has to type for a living.

pity this man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

I have an AEK II and the keys (except for the space bar) are as white as the day it was made. the chassis and the space bar need some peroxide bleaching though