Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS
what the gently caress how did i not know about this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS
65s own

mode65, ktt roses, pbtfans spark

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

dioxazine posted:

somewhat confused about this one, but leaving it here to be judged

tiny makes those keycaps

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

i want to find a split ergo that i can build that won’t break the bank, is tentable, and doesn’t force me to buy a 3d printer to fab a case

doesn’t seem like it should be hard but it’s basically either ergodox/moonlander or pcb + daughterboard with nothing in between

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

Jonny 290 posted:

I ended up with the 65 and i love it to death

The only weird thing is i gotta remember to fn+esc for backticks, which i use a fair amount. but going one notch up to get dedicated arrow keys was a good play on my part, as most of the time i'm using this either in vim or for reading and shitposting

i remapped caps lock to escape and escape to backtick on my 65% boards and it’s very needs suiting

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

keychron reliability is known to be hit or miss

it’s why people will always suggest buying from amazon or similar because there’s an actual return policy

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

they have a bunch of non qmk boards tho

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

cinci zoo sniper posted:

i can stand a layout without a number pad, which i don't use at all that frequently, but further cuts are harsh for me personally. lack of f keys and arrow keys i'm finding barely tolerable, for instance, since i have a 2x1 yard desk that doesn't require the 5 square inches of space saved by them being gone

using a layer to access f keys isn’t that bad. took a few days to get used to but honestly i don’t use them that much in general

65% is about as small as i could do still need arrow keys

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

cinci zoo sniper posted:

my f keys are on number row, with thumb cluster layer key, and i hate that i have to use layer to access some of the most commonly used keys for >50% of my computer use time

i gotta know what f keys you use that often. like, i’m sure i’m missing some excellent shortcuts ‘cause on my windows machine i basically only use f2 and f4 with others occasionally

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

ctrl-r?

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

cinci zoo sniper posted:

how small are your hands? my index finger reaches f5 from home row

but why would you want to if you can keep your fingers closer?

the whole point of smaller keyboards is less reaching

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

meanwhile i'm using a layer that's accessible via one of the center cluster buttons on my ergodox to control the mouse with my keyboard. makes browsing a breeze imo and i don't have to move my fingers from the home row

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

sorry gramps

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

Buck Turgidson posted:

browns are the beat switches out there

alpaca supremacy

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

Babies Getting Rabies posted:

best switches are clearly U4Ts. my keyboard feels pretty much perfect with them and it sounds good, too

my second favorite switch. i’m a linear ho but if i were forced to use a tactile it’d be my u4ts

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

echinopsis posted:

why linears

linears are the best they feel great

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

Silver Alicorn posted:

I want an ergodox maybe idk they're expensive

i love my ergodox ez but i’m not 100% sure the columnar layout works for me. i feel like i stretch a lot and miss keys when i’m doing it

thinking about maybe doing a smaller split board that’s got normal-ish positioning

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

don't buy from them directly tho. their customer service is some of the worst i've experienced from any retailer ever.

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

i was an early backer for one of their kickstarter boards and ended up getting a dud that stopped working within a few weeks. they actually suggested that i bring it to a local keyboard shop to get it fixed. like lmao where the gently caress you live where such a thing exists

after about a month of back and forth they finally sent me a new board so i guess that's good but dealing with them was absolutely maddening

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

echinopsis posted:

if it’s a demonstrable problem and they can I’ve owned it for a few days it’ll not end up my problem to deal with keychron to get a replacement

wonder what’s going on because I am not the only one

their quality control is notoriously bad and has been since they shipped their first board

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

just map caps lock to escape and a double press of shift to caps lock bing bong so simple

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

Sagebrush posted:

so then it's just for these weirdos?

all of these have number rows?