Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Raluek posted:

they arent. all of their mechanical keyboards are at least halfway decent, and the rubber dome ones are at least no worse than what anyone else was putting out

This is the mechanical keyboard thread. “halfway decent” has no place here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

pgroce posted:

just spent a day with my new whitefox with halo trues. they almost felt linear coming from cherry blues, but I’m liking them a bit more after a day of use. and they don’t sound like I’m setting fireworks off, so I can use it during conference calls and whatnot.

Mine is currently sitting in the mailbox with Halo Clears. I currently use one with MX Clears, so I’m interested to compare the two.

quote:

layout is almost perfect but they need some room between the nav keys and the rest of the board, and Jesus gently caress I hate where backspace is. (I can probably fix that with the configurator, though.)
Caps Lock + JKLI = Arrows
U = Home
O = End
Y = Page Up
H = Page Down

Not sure if I’ll be able to deal with the backspace placement though.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

bump_fn posted:

still not sure if i want cherry browns or something else what do u recommend

I recommend a WhiteFox with Hako Clears.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
My Kira recently showed up.

It is extremely good. Spouse-approved layout but similar enough to my WhiteFox that I’m happy.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
I recently switched to a vertical mouse and I love it.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
If you’re going to go in for $160 on a Code, I would recommend looking at a Kira. It is a significantly better keyboard. Right now they have the standard/black case version with their “True” switches for $179.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
Well, the WhiteFox is better, but that’s much less in stock.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Trying all of this crazy poo poo and caps lock is still just sitting there taking up prime real estate. I think I use scroll lock more than caps lock.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
Logitech MX Vertical supremacy.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
Phone operator? Lots of phone calls sounding stuff around the edges, major area codes on the bottom left, pay phone collect/return coin buttons top row third from right, directory lookup stuff on the main keyboard.

tk fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Jun 20, 2020

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

pram posted:

its nice looking but how do you people survive without function keys
Use caps lock as the function key, number keys become function keys.

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

in general key-count-minimalism is the bit i understand the least among the common keyboard snobbery themes.
Less hand movement is more comfortable.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
Post your best keyboard layouts here.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Fib posted:

I use layers. It’s much more comfortable holding an extra key down rather than having to reach for a distant key like on a full size keyboard.

Hell, yeah.

I mean, this arrow layout is absolutely heresy. But hell yeah to layers in general.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
If I was daily driving Premiere or other pro software I would get one of those keyboards with the shortcuts printed out all color coded and poo poo.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

RustyKnight posted:

posting new keeb

I strongly disagree with home/end positioning, but otherwise nice.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
They put 2 numbers on every button so people could reuse their ATM PIN.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

echinopsis posted:

lol 290 you never mentioned you entered a keyboard typing competition in 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9EXEpjSDEw

They don’t look like they’re typing all that fast wtf.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Armitag3 posted:

At first any key in the home row would also type ;

My new interview is going to be having people write fizz buzz under these conditions.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
Hopefully a prototype.

Edit: hope the pencil eraser connectors make it into the final.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

????