Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Most episodes have a running gag. Last week's was the buddy cop show on NBC.

CBS!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Some BS or another.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!
Crazy Ex-Girlfriend is doing a short live tour

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Gobbeldygook posted:

I'll be there at the Philly one, no way I'm missing this.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I'm going to be out of the country :aaa:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Gobbeldygook posted:

Pfft, not coming up to the Egg? Pass.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

The tickets are about go on sale. Judging by how quickly her site crashed, I'm guessing there's a chance they sell out.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
NYC sold out in like three minutes, but I nabbed two seats! I hope my girlfriend can see from the balcony. It was heartbreaking watching all the dots for available seats disappear rapidly, but then I realized that in another TicketMaster tab I had seats reserved! Whew.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

The ticket sales process was bullshit. Ticketfly said I got the tickets, but then had a "hiccup" and basically took them away. Now I've been on hold with their customer service for 40 minutes.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Nichael posted:

The ticket sales process was bullshit. Ticketfly said I got the tickets, but then had a "hiccup" and basically took them away. Now I've been on hold with their customer service for 40 minutes.

I just panicked again and made sure mine were confirmed. That sucks for you. :( I hope she adds more shows, because I realize I only got tickets through pure luck and so many people didn't.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

After 90 minutes, the TicketFly customer service basically said "whoops looks like your order didn't' go through."

There's a lot of suspicion that bots bought them out because they're being resold right now for like $300+ each.

edit: I guess they came down since they were $300 but the price is still nuts:

Nichael fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Feb 14, 2018

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
This gives CW three more hours of primetime to fill and bodes well for CEG renewal.
http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/cw-sunday-primetime-block-1202698748/

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I snuck away from work to order my tickets and somehow managed to get a pair despite it taking ages to log in on my phone.

Nichael posted:

Same thing happened to my friend who was getting tickets for the Chicago show. Hopefully they add more showed.

Jay O
Oct 9, 2012

being a zombie's not so bad
once you get used to it
Just barely secured tickets at the rear end-end of the theater. Should be a blast. :)

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The live show ticket market has been a disaster for a while now. People putting on shows never seem prepared for it.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

The live show ticket market has been a disaster for a while now. People putting on shows never seem prepared for it.

Have similar shows been botted within 30 seconds like this?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Most everything is botted like that nowadays.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

The last thing I went to that was sort of similar was Bob's Burgers live about two years ago. I had no real issue getting tickets there. Has it gotten worse since then?

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

FactsAreUseless posted:

It's not like Rachel Bloom and her manager can prepare for it, because the tickets are sold by someone else, all she does is promise a show. It's all on TicketMaster and the other companies selling tickets. The only thing she could do would be to hold them in a larger venue (more money up front that her manager/producer/whoever might not be prepared to lay out) or hold multiple shows (up to her schedule, and if even one of those shows doesn't sell out I don't know how much of a hit they take), am I right?

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I don't know how it is in other cities, but the Vic here in Chicago is tiny! I think you'd be lucky to fit 500 people in there.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!
https://twitter.com/Racheldoesstuff/status/963898445617606657

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Sort of encouraging. I'm really disappointed today worked out like it did. This show is incredible.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
They're saying Broadway Musical next.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Golden Bee posted:

They're saying Broadway Musical next.

I would go see it, but only if they do "this was a poo poo show"

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
I guess I'm not really mentally prepared for the live show market. I thought I could just wait until the weekend and maybe not get the 110% best seats but still something reasonable. This is a relatively niche show. :smith:

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I guess I'm not really mentally prepared for the live show market. I thought I could just wait until the weekend and maybe not get the 110% best seats but still something reasonable. This is a relatively niche show. :smith:

It normally is like that. The other TV show tours I've seen were like that.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Nichael posted:

It normally is like that. The other TV show tours I've seen were like that.

Guess I'll have to go to live shows of performers who haven't made it big yet. :smith:

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I just got four tickets in DC from their reserve sale. Anyone, by some small chance, want to trade me for Philly tickets, 1:1?

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

extremely cool of pix11 to cut in the middle of paulas song for breaking news about Trump doing dick loving all about the florida shootings.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I'm seething

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Buhhh I feel like this is even too far of a stretch for this show

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

They played I'm a Good Person over the credits lmao.

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

They've decided to save money on the next season by becoming a b-plot of the next iteration of Orange is the New Black

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Wow. Just wow. I mean, I guess this is also a legitimate end to the series in case they don't get renewed. :smith:

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGN2FGtBzh8

Here's something cheerful after that episode.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
The making of, focusing on the last two episodes, is also very good.. Choice quote:

quote:

There was some initial concern that the girls’ parents might balk at the content of the number, but luckily, they approved. Burns recalls: “One of the moms was like, ‘Well you came out of my vagina,’ and the little girl was like, ‘Mom!’ And she was like, ‘Well, it’s true. I gave birth. It’s in the song.’”

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

That was uh. Kind of awful. Been pretty disappointed in the last half of this season generally but what the hell was that episode

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Donna Lynne Champlin slayed that number. It's my favorite of her musical performances.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

That was uh. Kind of awful. Been pretty disappointed in the last half of this season generally but what the hell was that episode

It really feels that with the uncertainty about being renewed they had to play it too safe and rush to close storylines before the end of the season.

I hope like hell that is not the final episode however.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe
This whole season felt off, but that last episode was really jarring. I felt like it had two episode's worth of plots crammed into one.

Paula's song was awesome though. My pregnant wife really loved it.

• Locked thread