Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Nothing is Ever Anyone's Fault is one of my favourite songs in the whole show. It so perfectly blends a good character moment with a hilarious existentialist satire.

"It wasn't technically Hitler's fault / wasn't technically Hitler's fault!" in perfect romantic double harmony is just such a huge laugh line. It's wonderful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

I thought it was really good but it does better in the serious drama/respecting the characters stakes than the funny hijinks ones. Rebecca's whole suicide attempt and subsequent diagnosis are, I think, really well handled and a good acknowledgement of, "hey, this isn't just a wacky funny lady, she has serious problems and needs significant medical attention to be safe for either herself or the people around her".

Basically those were cheques the show was writing since the premiere, even right there in the title, and it finally cashed them in a very thorough and well-researched way. I appreciate that.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

I love when Josh gets songs just because they really play up him being kind of dumb and not really a musical theatre person. "Duh" is one of the funnier songs in S2 for me for that reason.

I love the premise and storytelling of Fit Hot Guys but the actual song is like this painfully generic club beat with the lyrics awkwardly wedged in. It's meant to be a take on dance music, but it's kind of a dud as a dance track.

• Locked thread