Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Zaggitz posted:

I like the idea that the only reason the other characters have started getting solo musical moments is because of how Rebecca is rubbing off on them, best exemplified in this premiere where this big les mis like musical number is happening because of her even if she's not in it.

It's also completely about Rebecca, so it still makes sense for it to be in her head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

BSam posted:

also that Yoga song really isn't that great.

And it's super guilty of cultural appropriation.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Yeah. I get the sense that sooner or later Paula's going to be forced to choose between helping her family and helping Rebecca. She'll choose her family and Rebecca will feel slighted, in a way that puts their codependency in the crosshairs for the next stage of the show.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Oh, speaking of unused songs, here's one that was thrown around in the writers room for second season but was ultimately not used.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss6JzeJyHRc

Have no idea who'd sing it, maybe Yael Grobglass?

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
I'm a bit depressed about the lower quality of most of -- not all -- the songs this season, but that probably shouldn't stop us.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

FactsAreUseless posted:

Season 3 definitely loses sight of its supporting cast, but I think that's a consequence of CW constantly messing with their episode order and poo poo.

Is this a thing that happened? I've never heard about it before.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

FactsAreUseless posted:

It's a disappointingly lazy piece of writing from a normally talented team.

Wait, what? How? Season 4 isn't out yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

FactsAreUseless posted:

I'm talking about the already-announced Greg decision.

Yeah, I follow you. But the part I don't get is how this is definitely an example of bad writing when there's currently no writing to be seen?

• Locked thread