Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Me five minute ago: Man I really hoped Netflix would've picked this up for UK distribution.

Me now: Oh poo poo they did. :aaaaa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

https://youtu.be/zgUKQCVieWM

https://youtu.be/elrDmZxtLtU

While I liked both the new songs I'm not sure if #notallmen needed a new anthem.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I assume whenever she's not around for a song she's imagining it, and will base it off what others have told her about their situations and her own assumptions.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

drat that was good.

Also I'm noticing that the songs have kind of gone from riffing on the style of certain genres/artists to straight up just changing the lyrics of existing songs.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

FactsAreUseless posted:

Josh can, he can raise the daughter Darryl already has.

If he doesn't want to have kids with Darryl why would he want to raise Darryl's existing kids?

(Not saying he'd purposefully want to not help with her upbringing or anything but surely a big part of not wanting kids is not wanting to raise kids).

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Yeah gently caress that was good. As gut wrenching as it is I'm really glad the show's gone in this direction. It feels like it's fulfilling the promises that the pilot made. I agree that the episode should probably have avoided going to the West Covina gang, but without that it might have been a smidge too much. I kind of hoped/expected that there wouldn't be any songs in this one, but at least the ones we got were really good.

I was worried that after season 2 ended so heavily that season 3 would pivot back to wacky "get revenge on Josh" antics, so it's a relief that they got that out of the way within one or two episodes.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

FactsAreUseless posted:

It would have been fake tension, though, since we know the lead character isn't going to die. Ending it here is way more interesting.

There was part of me that thought that was going to be it, and that they'd end the whole series there. I don't know how logistically possible it'd be to lie about the episode count of a season and end it at the mid-point but it'd have been a loving surprise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

God that was real. The scene where they list out all the signs of BPD bought up a lot of poo poo.

Does anyone know if the support system Rebecca was given in the hospital is an accurate representation (at least in the US)? I remember when a friend of mine did a similar thing a few years back, she spent about three hours in an NHS hospital bed, had some blood tests to make sure it was out of her system and when she asked the doctor what happens next she was told 'we don't have a mental health facility here but we'll notify your GP' and was out the door a few minutes later. No referral, no treatment.

That specific hospital has always had a bad rep though (and I was born there yay).

• Locked thread