Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
I mean, it is pretty sinister.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
read through the whole thread that's my SMS

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS posted:

Sorry for your loss

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

You need to start with the earlier thread to really get it. Start at the beginning then read both threads straight through, it’s a totally different experience.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
I'll do that - my favorite arc in this thread was the annoying anime poster being permad for posting anime somewhere lol

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

I'll do that - my favorite arc in this thread was the annoying anime poster being permad for posting anime somewhere lol
I really wish you wouldn't. :(

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Dr. Faustus posted:

I really wish you wouldn't. :(

You have a lovely redemption story with a beautifully executed heel to hero arc all contained in these threads. It was all bought about by genuine self reflection too, and if I recall correctly dealing with some personal alcohol issues.

You should be more than comfortable with someone getting that entire journey.

If they just read the first half of the first thread.... Well, at least you'll probably get some funny red text.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
you're good doc lol

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

He was an ally of mine in loving the mesa lunchbox amps :(

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

the best part of the old thread was the ugly guitars

if i wasn't at work, I'd post a few more of those

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

The first 6 pages of the old thread were good, anything after that was a complete sellout.

widefault
Mar 16, 2009
Came across a Reverb seller that has hundreds of "autographed" guitars that are all cheal Start copies with a signed pickguard. This might be my favorite here. Because everyone knows how much of a shredder Lily Tomlin is.

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

kill all posers! thrash forever!!

-bea arthur

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
Golden Girls Pizza Thrash

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
Welp those jokesters at Chibson are taking preorders for this today, and as much as I admire the joke here, I do not have the budget for another stupid pedal purchase.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Turbinosamente posted:

Welp those jokesters at Chibson are taking preorders for this today, and as much as I admire the joke here, I do not have the budget for another stupid pedal purchase.

Lmao that they incorrectly (and in a pretty badly misleading way) use tone buzz words in the serious part of the ad. Staring too long into the abyss I guess.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Kingo Ligma posted:

Lmao that they incorrectly (and in a pretty badly misleading way) use tone buzz words in the serious part of the ad. Staring too long into the abyss I guess.

The analog/digital hybrid claptrap?? Without even getting into semantics the pt2399 is all digital.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

The analog/digital hybrid claptrap?? Without even getting into semantics the pt2399 is all digital.

Yeah exactly, thats as much an analog delay as a dd3 is.

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

I'm certainly not a big Eagles fan, but I watched some of this video and now I fuckin' hate this little nerd and his pissy little computer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ6DbH-X-L0

Whining away in his mastabatorium about waveforms. gently caress off bedroom shredder, relying on the Eagles for clicks

Chrpno fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Apr 2, 2024

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Chrpno posted:

I'm certainly not a big Eagles fan, but I watched some of this video and now I fuckin' hate this little nerd and his pissy little computer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ6DbH-X-L0

Whining away in his mastabatorium about waveforms. gently caress off bedroom shredder, relying on the Eagles for clicks

I’m an Eagles fan and them using tracks is the most Eagles thing for them to do. If the vocals were bad at an Eagles concert it would be way worse than prerecording them.

I also wouldn’t go see the Eagles though.

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

hang on a minute....

Actuary X
Jul 20, 2007

Not really the best actuary in the world.
Taylor guitars has a smaller guitar known as the Baby Taylor.

This morning I found out that there is a Taylor Swift. Signature version, so it is called the Taylor Taylor Swift Baby Taylor.

Shardy
Jun 21, 2000
I'm a sticky snake!
Baby Taylor (Taylor's version)

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Actuary X posted:

Taylor guitars has a smaller guitar known as the Baby Taylor.

This morning I found out that there is a Taylor Swift. Signature version, so it is called the Taylor Taylor Swift Baby Taylor.

I won't listen to Sam Fender, because that's like being a chef called Bobby Onions. Dude should at least have the decency to play a G&L or something

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Disco Pope posted:

I won't listen to Sam Fender, because that's like being a chef called Bobby Onions. Dude should at least have the decency to play a G&L or something

There’s supposed to be some hotshot new bluegrass guitar player around but he goes by “Billy Strings” so I’ll never know for sure because unfortunately under no circumstances will I allow myself to listen to someone who is that big of an rear end in a top hat.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

GreatGreen posted:

There’s supposed to be some hotshot new bluegrass guitar player around but he goes by “Billy Strings” so I’ll never know for sure because unfortunately under no circumstances will I allow myself to listen to someone who is that big of an rear end in a top hat.

Do you wear earplugs when you're talking?

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

Spanish Manlove posted:

Do you wear earplugs when you're talking?

:boom:

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

GreatGreen posted:

well gently caress you the rest of the thread can have Dust in a Baggie in their head all day too now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6CyQftidOw

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Billy Strings rules, op.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
It does have a Bobby Badfingers, World’s Fastest Snapper vibe.

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

More like Billy Big Mouth Bass vibe

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Chrpno posted:

More like Billy Big Mouth Bass vibe

And?

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
My brother is into Bluesgrass and speaks highly of Billy Strings. That doesn't register as any sillier to me than Joe Strummer, to be honest, I would just feel weird playing a Fender if my surname was Fender. Leo gets a pass,I guess.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Playing a guitar with your name on it that you made is different from playing a guitar with your name made by a different guy. But honestly, it's still a bit fun.

I do agree that only Joe Strummer is allowed to strum. Sorry everyone else, go practice downpicking. Also the only pop music is Iggy

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Hi I’m Greg Powerviolence.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Hello I'm John Metal Black

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Spanish Manlove posted:

Hello I'm John Metal Black

and I'm the Indian of the group!!

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

My Chinese astrological sign is metal pig. I’m pretty sure this is the symbol

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Disco Pope posted:

I would just feel weird playing a Fender if my surname was Fender. Leo gets a pass,I guess.

I guess he would have if he played guitar, which he didn’t. Makes everything he did that much cooler, imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP