Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thorpe
Feb 14, 2007

RELEASE THE KITTIES
My buddy sent me this picture that he found last night (I play a 10 string bass which probably belongs in this thread as well) but this is just kinda really crazy

I think it’s 17 strings. No idea what tuning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thorpe
Feb 14, 2007

RELEASE THE KITTIES

Kilometers Davis posted:

Oh gently caress, to continue my recent posts, Strandberg did a thing

I’m so confused but I like it???

I love that guitar in every way except the lack of a baseplate on the bridge pickup. Tele bridge routes always look awful without one.

Thorpe
Feb 14, 2007

RELEASE THE KITTIES
Heck, I’d give it a go. Wonder what it’s tuned to and what the scale lengths are.

Thorpe
Feb 14, 2007

RELEASE THE KITTIES
I saw a band play called Beast in the Field, in a small to medium size venue. Drumset was miced, but the guitar player was not and played through 4 amp heads with 8 custom giant ported 4x12, and running and octave down pedal I think. To this day I have not experienced anything quite like it. It was the single loudest band I have seen, every note the guitar player played hit you in the chest like a hammer.

Thorpe
Feb 14, 2007

RELEASE THE KITTIES
Super low tuned guitars are sweet. Basses with a bunch of strings are sweet. Normal guitars are sweet. Music is cool

Thorpe
Feb 14, 2007

RELEASE THE KITTIES

Actuary X posted:

The plastic button toppers are pretty cheap on eBay
https://www.ebay.com/itm/10-pcs-Foo...qQAAOSwnVhaOTkV

I have a whole bunch of these on my pedalboard and I dig them. They fit nearly everything except a few odd pedals that either have a smaller switch or the power LED is too close.

Thorpe
Feb 14, 2007

RELEASE THE KITTIES
I had a mayonnaise guitar for a minute. Can’t say I was too impressed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thorpe
Feb 14, 2007

RELEASE THE KITTIES
If we're on the subject of tapping on really stupid instruments I think some of my stuff will fit here. It's around 90% of my bass playing and I don't intend on changing anytime soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5sW7E2nRHA