Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Kilometers Davis posted:

On Satriani, I got into him this year. Never understood his appeal before. His sense of melody and phrasing is insane. I started paying close attention to how he leads you through a song and builds tension throughout and honestly it’s something special. I’m writing a solo guitar EP right now and the Satch influence has been huge when it comes to keeping my leads vocal and meaningful.

Vai owns bones and as mentioned gave Devin Townsend his break. Devin is my favorite dude. When your progression in the industry is being let in by Zappa and giving Townsend a platform you’ve done good for the world.

Shawn Lane is the best virtuoso of all time tho tbh

lol@ using the name "Satch" when referring to some dumb guitar noodler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Kilometers Davis posted:

I mean, that’s his nickname though?

Like, just the loving nerve to deign to share syllables with Satchmo is offensive.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Dr. Faustus posted:

Some of y'all are way too hard on Stevie Ray. :(

i worked security at the venue he died at lol

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

s.i.r.e. posted:

Why does a mountainside need security?

This looks like the dopest game of Simon you'll ever play.

It's a ski resort and outdoor venue. I did concert security in high school. I've seen Dave Matthews' weed trailer too.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

stillvisions posted:

Since the line between stupid and awesome is already finely drawn with Andrew W K, his guitar reflects that as well:

but which andrew wk is it?

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

I mean he admitted as much and they don’t look alike. Andrew WK was invented by a marketing agency but then the current guy turned it into something else.

There's the whole outgrowth of conspiracy theory where people think there's been dozens of Andrews WK and they're all like in a secret cave sworn to silence. It's the Miley is Dead of guys who have had poo poo thrown at them at the gathering.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

massive spider posted:

The weird thing about the "so and so musician is a is replacement" theories is it makes kinda sense for Paul mcCartney or early 2000s avril lavigne at the height of her fame that the industry has someone would want to milk as a cash cow as long as possible. But for andrew WK it requires a big over estimation of how much money there is in playing dumb party metal and living in a tour van.
Lol wait they have one for Avril Lavigne too? And I thought the "Disney executive raped and killed Miley Cyrus and buried her in the desert and the replacement acts crazy to clue us in" rumor was the nuttiest.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Lol. In some people's worlds we are all dead and replaced by actors, huh.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

prefect posted:

Did somebody say "combining instruments"?

:swoon:

that one on the right is like a guit-bottleopener

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

dude is so high lol

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

:allbuttons:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
I'm the hand drilled jem handle. That is what's happening in the upper left right