Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Dirt fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Oct 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Trig Discipline posted:

Uuuuugggggggghhhhhhhhh

Is that a good or bad reaction?

In other news I need some stupid music poo poo advise: I recently moved and got rid of about 90% of my stupid guitar poo poo. I am down to 2 guitars(from 11 at one point, lmao), and just one amp(Silverface Fender Super Reverb aka the best amp ever), and a couple of random pedals. I am settling into my new place, and have the urge to buy something stupid.

Leaning towards a Gibson Firebird, because I always wanted one. What are the odds they start making the VII model(3 pickups, lyre trem) again next year? It's been a long time since Gibson made those. Or should I just go look for a used one?

Firebirds own because they are technically stupid music poo poo. It's dumb shape with goofy options. But I always thought they looked so badass.

Dirt fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Oct 15, 2017

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Cool thing about that guitar is I saw it listed for like 3 grand on Reverb

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Anime Reference posted:

P90s seem like kind of a weird choice for a rich-hippy guitar.

P90s are the best possible pickups though.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Anime Reference posted:

Yeah but rich hippies are the worst possible people so it seems more in character that they'd do something awful like single-coil EMGs or Lightwave+piezo or some other such atrocity.

Yeah that makes sense. They are the types that would buy those alumitone pickups that Lace tried selling a few years ago.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Surf green is the best color for a guitar IMO. But this is hideous. That might be more of a seafoam green? I can't ever tell the difference...Either way I love that sort of green.

Here is some more surf(seafoam?) green stupid poo poo:

Dirt fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Oct 15, 2017

Dirt
May 26, 2003

This thread needs some Yngwie imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blNQZc84Q5c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJ-teYmKZKc

He is the king of stupid music poo poo.

That first song rules. But I am embarrassed by the fact that I have listened to a stupid amount of his music.

Despite whatever anyone thinks of him, he has, by far the best right hand technique of anyone I have ever seen play guitar. It's so loving smooth. It's a shame he plays such lovely music.

I once bought a guitar with a scalloped neck because of him. That poo poo sucks, and I feel bad about buying it. Ritchie Blackmore is the only other guy to pull off the scalloped neck thing. It is so weird to play with.

Any of you ever try it?

Dirt fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Oct 15, 2017

Dirt
May 26, 2003

yessssss

This wasn't terrible imo. I listened to that whole 10 minute thing. Kinda sounded like Rush mixed with something. Maybe Umphrey's? I love both of those bands fyi.

I liked how in the old thread, everyone talked a bunch of poo poo about playing at one point, but maybe 3 or 4 people actually posted links of their playing. Dr. Faustus posted a bunch(he can shred!). I posted at least one clip... a few other people did too. Everyone else was surprisingly quiet.

tl:dr post clips if you want to talk poo poo

edit:

Buckethead is my favorite guitarist so I probably shouldn't talk a lot of poo poo. But goddamn he is good. I have seen him live around 10 times, and he has blown my mind every time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Is_8bjYVmnA

This is the reason my lovely Ibanez has a arcade style button kill switch on it and I use a stretchy guitar strap. He is my hero. I don't know how you can listen to that song and not go nuts. Buckethead rules. If that part at 3:28 doesn't make you go nuts, you are broken imo.

I still hate my self for not buying a Gibson Buckethead Signature guitar when they were available.

It's so legit

Dirt fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Oct 15, 2017

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Concatenation posted:

this is a very optimistic appraisal of my financially ill-advised attempts to rehash 90s swedish death metal instead of concentrating on a different career, but thankyou all the same

i am glad life is better for you now dr f, and look forward to more stupid music poo poo to come

---------------------

Thread as always requires more rigs of dad

I would hangout with both of these bass dads

ps i would totally be down to play in a 90s swedeath band. hit me up

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Bill Posters posted:

Mint green maybe?

Also, I'm pretty sure it owns hard and does not belong in this thread.

My lovely Jaguar is "seafoam green".

The best Fender colors imo

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Steve Vai played with Frank Zappa. He's ok in my book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Fair Hallion posted:

Also, in Stupid Music poo poo current events: I've bought this:

That is pretty cool looking imo. Is it 4 on/off switches and some kind of varitone knob?
What brand/model is it?