Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Ayo I wanna play Carnage riffs too guysssss

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

cis autodrag posted:

lol@ using the name "Satch" when referring to some dumb guitar noodler

Wait till you find out he has a song called Satch Boogie.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Crossposted from the Metal thread, this album description reminded me of the 20-something year old IT guy that showed me his "demonic poetry."

quote:

VASSAFOR should need no introduction. For the past decade and a half, since the band's reactivation with their Demo II in 2005, this New Zealand cult have patiently plied their idiosyncratic craft, pushing the boundaries of black and death metal ever further whilst driving deep into each's collective core. Although some will argue that they reached their apotheosis with 2012's debut album, Obsidian Codex - a true, two-disc double album - VASSAFOR played their most daring hand with respective split LPs with comrades Sinistrous Diabolus and Temple Nightside. In miniature, these works amplified the simultaneously world-eating/ethereal textures that lay at the heart of the VASSAFOR aesthetic. Now, after an intense two years in the shadows, the band's grandest work is about to be revealed: Malediction.

Simply put, Malediction is a statement of intent. A purely Satanic album, in the band's eyes, and one which draws a line firmly in the sand, this is pure Southern Vassaforian Hell driven to the outer reaches of primitivism and transcendence. Here, VASSAFOR strip bare their most barbaric tendencies, down to their most unapologetic form, and build anew a temple of unimaginable might. The maw of chaos opens ever wide, beckoning the listener to submit and be devoured; meanwhile, tendrils of tension untether in a manner most ambient. If any of VASSAFOR's earlier work achieved a sense of vertigo - and it surely has - then Malediction is the band's most potent distillation/distortion of such yet. Across a time-evaporating/halting 50 minutes, each of the five tracks comprising Malediction work as mantra and spell simultaneously. Doom(ier) elements are largely traded for utter violence and virulence, which somehow makes the end result all the more stultifying and psychedelic in equal measure. Black Metal of Death: Southern Vassaforian HELL.

Armed with dreadnought decibels, Vassafor do the indoctrination - not the other way around. This is the Malediction you deserve. Begin the reckoning HERE!
https://vassafor.bandcamp.com/album/malediction

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Mods please change name to Pure Southern Vassaforian Hell.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

s.i.r.e. posted:

Well since you asked for it:

My Steinberger Spirit, because I'm too poor to afford a high end model (lol gently caress that); I bought this off eBay for under $300 I believe. The guy who sold it to me sold me an acrylic wallmount with it, apparently these things are really rare, so rare that guy messaged me half a year later asking if I'd sell the mount back to him, turns out he's the founder of some conservative thinktank or some poo poo.

As for the mods:
- The headstock is aftermarket, it's a string adapter so I can use any brand of string with the guitar without having to be double-ball ended... this doesn't really work because the locking mechanisms just break thinner strings. :(
- The two Humbuckers are Seymour Duncan Black Winters, because I play Black Metal stuff and because the case for the pick-ups look like a lovely Black Metal EP cassette tape (seriously, it loving owns). The middle pick up is still connected and sounds like poo poo.
- Dunlop strap locks, I loving love these things along with the Levy's No. 1 stretch strap.
- White volume and tone knobs because why not, same goes for the orange tip pick-up selector.
- The trem bar was second hand on ebay, the guitar didn't come with one and I couldn't find black sadly.
- Pick holder and tuner are double sided taped to the side because why not.
- The stickers because I had them lying around.

Now to the major mod:
- I wanted a killswitch like my Buckethead LP has, so my friend's step-dad hooked it up for me, he had to move the output jack to the bottom of the guitar, move the volume knob to the lower side where output jack used to be and then drill in the hole for the arcade switch that was placed in the area where the volume knob was. He did such a god drat good job at it and he's an electrician and knows nothing about being a guitar tech. I paid him with a bottle of Don Julio.

I also got it signed by Marty Friedman at the end of August before a show:

There's my stupid music poo poo guitar, but I wouldn't trade it for anything else. I honestly love it to death, it's complete lack of weight doesn't gently caress my back up like other guitars do (I have a bad back).

Yep this rules.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

:black101:

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

So a bit of news from synthland: DIY Synthesizer company Synthrotek thought it'd be funny to make a meme picturing Harvey Weinstein saying BUY MORE SYNTHS and when called out about it he doubled-down on rape jokes being super cool. This, in turn, caused an even stronger backlash that has forced him/Synthrotek to "close permanently." In the end he laughed it all off saying he's a trust-fund kid and he'll be fine.

https://www.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/comments/76zb1l/synthrotek_makes_rape_jokes_on_social_media/

Sorry for reddit source, I couldn't directly link to the facebook shitstorms.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

GreatGreen posted:

So I'm not exactly sure whether this is Stupid Music poo poo or Awesome Music poo poo but here's a video of a bunch of guitarists playing a Marshall 100w Plexi with every knob on 10 in a small room with glass windows.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKTi8l8Yuxg

Haha the unbridled joy of a dimed Plexi. Each one of them grinning like newborns tasting candy.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Do You Yahoo? but it's an electric banjo.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

https://austin.craigslist.org/msg/d/sunn-coliseum-bass/6313423649.html

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

This is isn't stupid I just didn't know where to put it. You guys know the SRV + Albert King jam session video? I was watching that and that part in the middle where King absolutely fires molten lava from his speakers is just too glorious not to post:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPcGJahjsHY&t=1105s

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I love that thing Albert King does that bluesmen do where he plays a lick or a phrase and it is so crystalline pure and to the very core of what it means to be a human being that they whip their hand away from the neck and let out a whoop like they touched a hot iron.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

cis autodrag posted:

It's a ski resort and outdoor venue. I did concert security in high school. I've seen Dave Matthews' weed trailer too.

god drat your posts are stinkers.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

cis autodrag posted:

but which andrew wk is it?

the second one. there was the first one who took the album cover photo from the first album and then there's this monkey.

lol i seriousanswered

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Snowy posted:

Woah thanks for introducing me to this very dumb weird theory I had no idea existed

I mean he admitted as much and they don’t look alike. Andrew WK was invented by a marketing agency but then the current guy turned it into something else.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

ragle posted:

Invented by a marketing agency how? The guy's real name is Andrew Wilkes-Krier he's been called Andrew WK since elementary school, he's been playing music since starting piano lessons at age 4. His success is the same as most musicians.

I dunno man I read an interview and it was amusing, the story of it. Other than that it's a guy who plays a taco guitar, seems nice and genuine and I don't give a poo poo. :shrug:

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

There’s no great conspiracy you guys are overthinking this. This is very stupid music poo poo tho.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

:jerkbag:

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

http://www.rondomusic.com/Agile_AL-3010SE_2527_CSBF.html

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

David Gilmour was such a Chad. :allears:

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Bud light guitar "autographed" by the members of Puddle of Mudd:

https://wichitafalls.craigslist.org/msg/d/signed-guitar/6357344239.html

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

It makes me think of covering the music from Outrun.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

http://www.musicradar.com/news/joe-bonamassa-using-pedals-that-make-you-sound-like-everything-but-your-guitar-is-fking-lazy

I don't think Joe Bonamassa knows how pedals actually work.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

T-T-Triple Post!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROkAdC8ARKo

This sounds like one of those "shreds" videos to me without any editing at all.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

DO NOT BESMIRCH MY SENPAI HENRY!!!

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

hahahahahahaha dude I unironically enjoy this.

edit: Also, the bass player Andy West is lookin' GOOOOOOD.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_West

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

^^^^ I don't think I'm any of those things but Henry Kaiser's "touched" nature and complete earnestness and willingness to look foolish in order to try ridiculous things appeals to me on some levels. I'm not going to say I purposely listen to him but when he comes up in a youtube video I always giggle and am glad people are willing to be benevolently r-worded.

Kilometers Davis posted:

uhhhhh this owns tho

Yea, I know. I'm from low circumstances.

Dang It Bhabhi! fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Nov 3, 2017

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Kilometers Davis posted:

Wampler group was wild this afternoon :lol:

Yeah it was getting very "I've seen some pedal poo poo you people wouldn't believe" looool.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

A saggy, crepe-skinned Agent Smith approaches his wall of PRS guitars, adjacent to his wall of Dr. Z and Friedman amplifiers, and selects just the one for today's mood: "Mr. 24-Fret Bookmatched Flamed Maple Top in Tobacco Sunburst, we meet again!" he smirked.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I want one of those but I also want to put EMG 81/85s in it somehow.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Anime Reference posted:

https://reverb.com/item/4805355-refinished-epiphone-les-paul-special-with-matching-headstock

That is a delightful shade of Get hosed Green but it really needs a Floyd to complete the look.

[edit] Reverb is a goldmine of weird poo poo, look at this loving thing.

Wait, Epiphone made honest-to-god bolt-on Les Pauls? The hell?

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

:piaa:

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S