Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Myriad Truths posted:

Oh, right, I was confused by that. They correct themselves right after so I took it as aloofness and not loss of memory. Later on Phos seems to remember Cinnabar just fine also.

Real life long term memory works like that too, where sometimes repair post-brain damage can recover some things long forgotten.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Brain damage can also cause behavioral shifts like what happened to Phos, but it's probably easier to just say Phos grew up from adolescence into a brooding teenager.

fake edit: lol did I just equate being a teenager to brain damage oh well im keeping it

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Tesseraction posted:

Also Phos's change in personality by the end of winter struck me as something occurring over a time-skip between what happens to Antarctite and the end of winter, which was a significant amount of time.

When 300 years is young, 1/4th a year is not a significant amount of time. Especially for the characters that were asleep during that skip.

It was way more interesting how the other characters adapted to the change, like just immediately accepting it and being curious and like not even questioning it or seeing if Phos was ok. Just life per usual rumbles on, reflective in their existence without a clear backend concept of death.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Has any crazy fan commissioned a custom figurine with the respective gemstone for the hair? I figure a custom order of lab-grown diamonds could be "cheap" enough, with Amethyst being next likely (but tougher to get in that deep purple), Jade (but harder to custom cut to Jade's hairstyle), and Citrine (but who the gently caress sells custom citrine pieces). Obsidian and lab grown Red Beryl works, but who is crazy enough of a fan of those characters to invest in something like this lol

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Lurking Haro posted:

They did sell a complete collection of just the gemstones featured for about $80k. I can't imagine what a single figurine with gem hair would even cost.

One made of painted tinted resin would be already cool.

Yea, I remember, which is why I gave examples of either cheap stuff (that $30k worth of Phosphophyllite is equivalent to like :10bux: of Amethyst), or suggested lab grown variants for fractions of the price.

I'd guess the Dia one could be created for like $5k and sold for like 10x that, and the others put together for under $1k.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

PerrineClostermann posted:

Could you even sculpt Phosphophyllite like that?

No, also potential hurdles could include millions of dollars and probably a robbery of a museum.

Someone could cheat and lab-grow some Emerald/Aquamarine mix to get the visual effect.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I was trying to avoid "cheating" in this thought experiment by limiting the lab-grown gems, and not using Corundum-based minerals since most of them died!

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Eela6 posted:

Something something cleavage

Mostly felt accurate in this show, but I can only speak for Amethyst and Dia. Maybe someone with more cleavage experience could chime in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

That's a really cool thematic design!

• Locked thread