Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Original 2d PV for the manga from a few years back for those who are curious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OQX0KkqVSk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Also Bort is Carbonado (Black Diamond) if anyone is wondering

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Mraagvpeine posted:

What about using he/him pronouns for robots like in Transformers? Is that wrong?

Robots in Transformers actually identify as a gender though (Arcee, Blackarachnia, etc), while gems probably don't know what a gender is. I'd say wait for next episode so everyone has slightly more grounds for this argument though, since it'll have stuff to ponder about.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Futaba Anzu posted:

i forget, is it ever mentioned whether the other gems and minerals actually sleep? if not, i feel his "meditation" just being him trying to catch some zzz's may also be a lowkey hint towards that.

They have a harder time staying awake without any sun. This will come up in the future

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

lets hang out posted:

well there's enough for a second season but only just. which is a shame because some of my fav gems haven't even shown up yet

There wouldn't be any good place to stop anyways with the current material, unless you really want everyone to be upset at the end of s2

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
By the way, the alexandrite effect is a real thing for anyone wondering.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

da beeper king BABY posted:

Can't wait to buy a cinnabar necklace and get mercury poisoning.

Cinnabar is not actually an option due to that

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I definitely remember that final Cinnabar and Phos conversation happening in the manga at some point... just not necessarily right after that arc. Unless another scene was being reffed. I'm positive most of those scenes in the final episode happen in the manga at some point though. School was new though I think

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
It has really nice art and is worth buying

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

lets hang out posted:

if you want to pick up the manga from where the show left off you'd want to start with ch 32 which is in volume 5

they were both in episode 3. i don't think peridot (short green) showed up again but they at least got a line from off screen in episode 1

btw someone translated ch 63 which came out today https://imgur.com/a/lWz17 see you in a month!

I always want more!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Myriad Truths posted:

I wonder if the manga might help here. I feel like either other people are reading too much into Phos's behavior or I'm not reading far enough, and I imagine the reason is that we don't really get to look inside Phos's head after winter. So some of the things they say or does seem out of place to me. Hoping the manga might give more insight into that.

They’ve definitely lost a bunch of memories, since they don’t even remember anything they learned from their ocean trip other than the word humans. The cinnabar promise is especially painful because they vaguely remember to some degree that they made a promise with cinnabar, but they don’t remember specifically why they made it, which is why they tend to avoid cinnabar outta subconscious guilt.

• Locked thread