Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Not a fan of long socks until they're long enough to turn into thigh highs, personally.

I really like that they're animating a lot of small motions that add character, and Rutile messing with everyone is good.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Oct 16, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The GIG posted:

The comedic body horror is really well done. Seeing someone holding a casual conversation while gesturing with someone else's limb is both subtly unnerving but also really hilarious.

Or Bort just tearing Dia's arm off. Perhaps not the healthiest relationship.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I wonder if they will ever address the ship of Theseus question here, or whether they are individual entities or some collective consciousness of the microorganisms that construct them. It was said in the first episode that they lose some memories when parts of them are permanently altered.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Futaba Anzu posted:

what would chaos emeralds look like in housek i no kuni

I think that is knowledge that we can do without.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

A romper is still a child's outfit.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Should be hugging Cinnabar, because they need it most.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

paragon1 posted:

Yeah it's not often you see a character become conflicted over whether it's a good idea to Ship of Theseus themselves.

Best case you become an ultimate being while retaining your individuality, worst case you become an ultimate being with a gestalt consciousness, so I say yes, absolutely it's a good idea.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Dzhay posted:

Better question: if they're photosynthetic, do some colours of gem (like Bort...) have trouble getting enough "food".

Bort would probably have the easiest time, being nonreflective and all. Though if I remember correctly the absorbing molecules in photosynthesis have Mn2+ as the metal ion in their center. I really should remember this stuff better.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Nov 23, 2017

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Xun posted:

Diamonds have perfect cleavage in 4 directions, so it's pretty easy for them to break apart along those lines. Due to bort being imperfectly crystallized diamond, its slightly softer but lacks the cleavage of diamond which overall makes it a tougher mineral.

I'm not sure if the gems are literally photosynthesizing since they all loving sparkle, so light is getting bounced out of their bodies. Not to mention that they're transparent...maybe the skin powder is for helping trap light instead of a morality thing :v:

I assume it is the microorganisms doing the photosynthesis.

Also the thought occurred to me that white powder is often TiO2. Is Rutile sacrificing themselves to give the powder to the others?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Phos is a very special child.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

https://twitter.com/vestenet/status/934994083575140353

I am glad of this twitter account. Also there's some really good cosplay in there.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

boredsatellite posted:

are you saying you don't want bort to step on you?

Well Dia wants to step on Bort.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I'm not sure I'd say it's instinctive, but heroic sacrifice is definitely glorified (if not really adhered to) at least in US media. I think people may be turning on brooding antiheroes and unlikable characters somewhat, though.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I'm reminded of one of the translated author interview bits from a volume of Witchcraft Works that was something like "Yeah this chapter is here because I was feeling a shortage of animal ears".

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

But I like anime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

• Locked thread