Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
i can understand why Bort was mad at Dia, they almost got themself killed by trying the fancy arrow deflecting thing instead of just slicing the main target to bits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

The_White_Crane posted:

I wanna find some nail polish in Phos' colour. :3:

This is what the moon people said before sending their soldiers down in episode 1.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
it's kinda neat how the sharp edges of Dia's ruined limbs worked where the swords didn't

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
Do Phos's golden alloy arms being accepted and animated by their inclusion organisms mean that there could potentionally be beings similar to the gem people, but made out of metals?

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
^^^well he's a jellyfish that's where their mouths are

Ranzear posted:

I think being transparent or at least translucent is important, to absorb light. Even though I still think Sensei is a carbide, the fragments floating around in the screenshots a few pages back are transparent and the finger snap to make them suggests they aren't coming from somewhere else. I don't think we've seen any gemfriends that are entirely opaque.

but Sensei has no translucent parts on his body, so i would assume that the way the light gets converted into energy doesn't require that

mostly i just like to think that there's an academy of cute androgynous huge fuckoff metal golems somewhere else on the planet, living in perfect peace because the lunarians don't dare approach their mighty fists

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
gently caress im going to miss this show :(

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
for the first time in my life i've paid money for a physical copy of a manga

it's just the first 3 volumes that were being sold together in a bundle and as far as i know that doesn't even covers everything in the show, but gem friends left such a good impression that i really wanted to give the author my money and hopefully contribute a little to eventually getting another season

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
the art is part of why i decided to go with the manga instead of shelling out on a BD (also im too poor for buying a lot of BDs)

wanna see some of that art

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
what else was there

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
i keep planning to watch acca because i watched House of Five Leaves and super liked it, but never have the time

how was it

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
do not disrespect cinnabar

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
combo attack

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Pollyanna posted:

Cinnabar Did Nothing Wrong.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Endorph posted:

let's all post about our gem OCs. mine would be Realgar. if they're exposed to light for too long they turn into powder, so they have to stay indoors and wear a hoodie red beryl made for them, along with long pants. They really like the jellyfish, but they're toxic to living things, so their main job is disposing of ones that have started to lose their light and keeping track of when they need new ones. i would draw realgar, but im a terrible artist. regardless, i hope they have impacted you profoundly.

im not a good artist either but i wanted to try, hope i didn't mangle them too much

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
the one on the right looks too much like Antarc, IMO

i still want them in the story, the more cool gem people the better

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Endorph posted:

Lol that rules, thank you

glad u like

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
i still want to know if Phos's inclusions accepting an alloy means that theoretically a gem(???) person's body could form fully made out of metal

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
content wars are stupid lets like and respect each other instead

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
Speaking of the manga, if I remember right there's not enough of it out to have material for a second season? Or am I mistaking this for some other show I watched recently.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
That's good to know, thanks.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
phos you can't just sit in people's desserts, thats rude

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Compendium posted:

I drew my HnK fan OC like I said I would whoo.

Chalcedony is kind of an insecure worrywart who likes keeping the school neat and clean and is willing to fold all the clothes. Also has very smooth hair and doesn't like having it out of place. They wish they had a brighter color of gem hair though, like blue or green.

Good work, they're great!

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
how's the translation quality on the manga? i've heard some bad things about the non-official one but that was a while ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
thanks for the info, ill wait for the official releases then

• Locked thread