Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Amstrad posted:

So it appears their swords are also made of some sort of gem? How's that work?

How do their bodies work?

*shrugs*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Whether or not the characters themselves have an inherent gender, their design is obviously generic moe fare. I also don't think it's that much of a problem because the show doesn't seem to take itself all that seriously. It's a dumb and pretty show about rock-girls.

But I still hate Phos. Maybe now that there's something only she can do, she'll be a more interesting character.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Every time I watch the op Im blown away all over again. And Im the guy that skips even good ops after Ive seen it once. And the rest of the show looks basically as good the entire time. I really hope this show sets the standard for cg anime in the future because it puts every other attempt to shame.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

The_White_Crane posted:

I feel like it's cheating just a little, because it all has this slightly oversaturated dream-like look which lets them get away with a bit more on the lighting than they could if they were aiming for a more realistic tone.
But regardless, it's loving beautiful.

Yeah that's valid. They don't have to worry about creating detailed cityscapes or anything equally complicated because the entire show consists of grass, the homebase, the gempeople, and now the ocean and slug people.

That said, it also the way the show moves that looks incredible.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Have all the lunarians always appeared out of Rorchach test shaped portals ?

Also what's the geology behind the Amethyst twins?

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

an actual dog posted:

At the very least I don't think they're dramatically limiting the frame rate of the CG like the Knights of Sidonia folks do, or if they do I don't notice it.

They definitely are, but they are being intelligent about when they do it. Some of the slower, talkier scenes are significantly slowed down, which is fine since there's not a lot of movement and the movement isn't that important. In general, it seems that the more important movement is to a scene, the higher the rendered framerate is. Action scenes, like the one posted above, require a lot more fidelity because of the focus on fast and subtle movements, so a much faster framerate is used there.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Phos's transformation is really fascinating and equally depressing. She's no longer her old bubbly self because she's physically weighed down by her heavy alloy arms, mentally damaged by her lost memories, and spiritually held back by the weight of her guilt. As much as she tried to be the old Phos, she is mutating into a new kind of human. Heck, she's even got blood now.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
I was about to post that this episode was awkwardly paced and kinda bad but then then the fight scenes blew my loving mind.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

The Colonel posted:

i blame the loss of phos' pep and energy on viggynash

You're welcome.

These last two episodes have been magnificent showcases of both their technical and artistic talent. I really hope they get more stuff to do in the future when they finish this show because they absolutely deserve it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Endorph posted:

hibike euphonium. it's a good show.

Dammit I need to go finish that show at some point.

• Locked thread