Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Relin posted:

doesnt stop the male gaze on their hips and buns

ahaha yeah

yeah uh

what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i hope the show inspires men and women everywhere to wear really long socks

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Mighty Dicktron posted:

Man, this show is actually gorgeous. This is the nicest-looking 3D anime I've ever watched. They're not using it to approximate 2D, they're using it to its fullest extent to make the movement super fluid and expressive all the time. It looks great.

that's what happens when you hand a project over to experienced staff who work with 3dcg on a daily basis and know how to direct it, instead of a guy who has never once worked with 3d in his life but animated several seasons of teekyuu

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i like that bort acts super aggressive and constantly tells dia that phos is useless and that they would kick phos' rear end, and then the moment dia runs up and really excitedly tells them that they're going to save phos they're just like "o-oh, i mean, i guess, that's cool"

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
there are so many things wrong with that entire statement i'm not really sure where to start

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
seriously just ignoring anything about the character designs how the gently caress in the three episodes we have gotten do you come away with the impression that the show doesn't take itself that seriously and is just a "dumb and pretty" show

have you missed the three entire episodes centering around people's depression and feelings of uselessness in a society centering around every person having some sort of utility. it's got lots of goofy and lighthearted character interaction but like the stuff the story is centering around is pretty goddamn personal

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
literally nobody is saying that

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
hell if you read the manga it's stated in like the first chapter or something

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Relin posted:

so the viewer can fetishize them

stop

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
it's a question of whether you want to watch land of the lustrous, or land of the lustruous

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

dogsicle posted:

i don't remember if the show mentioned it, but the manga has other gems mention the lunarians find phos' color uniquely appealing

they definitely mention it within the first couple eps

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
yeah i think these are pretty standard tricks for making cg faces look right in different perspectives, it's neat

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Joshlemagne posted:

Yeah I mean the last episode where everyone dresses up in frilly dresses to sleep and the ice gem person wears stiletto heels made everyone saying how feminine they are look pretty stupid, huh?

:barf:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Jesus Christ

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

EagerSleeper posted:

Except it kinda literally is wish fulfillment because Japan is extremely strict with enforcing traditional gender roles towards Japanese women. :(

Edit: you can't deny my "Kongo is the only actual gem woman" theory, can you?

dis is being sarcastic

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

this should just switch from long hair phos to short hair phos

anyway the last time we got into this argument one of the guys arguing the strongest against using gender-neutral pronouns like they or them turned out to be a guy who argued that sex change operations are bad

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Dec 10, 2017

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

PerrineClostermann posted:

When I'm talking about friends and people, and not 2d bugeye aliens designed as otaku fap bait, I don't.

badass power move brother, you managed to paint a giant target on your rear end for literally no reason

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i blame the loss of phos' pep and energy on viggynash

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NEiTZAf6Uw

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
obsidian is my friend

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Knorth posted:

How many volumes did the anime cover? Also it might be a little bit til I can buy manga again, are the scans alright?

afaik the quality is bad and they waffle between gendered pronouns constantly

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Phosphophy
Phosphophy Lite
Phosphophy Zero

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Ranzear posted:

I kinda don't get why Rutile doesn't just use some of that hair to fill the holes instead of whatever is found lying around...

are you implying it would be a good idea to tarnish that perfect hair

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
cinnabar has flaws as a character, ergo they're an rear end in a top hat

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the uniforms are ftw imo

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!