Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Homura and Sickle posted:

a tribe of sentient gem women

They're genderless OP. This kinda, sorta, not really, comes into play when they refer to each other as brothers.(Which was really surprising back when this was only a manga)

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

carbonado is a much better name

Can you get a Carbonado license plate?

:smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

The_White_Crane posted:

That was a good episode.
I look forward to the further adventures of Phos+Slugbuddy.

Also, did anyone else notice that a bunch of people referred to Phos as "them", except right at the end, when Dia said "you know how to bring her back, right?" Can any Japanese speakers say if that was reflecting an actual difference in the spoken dialogue?

The sentence in that scene was "俺は戻す方法を知っている" which is, without any context given, "I know the method to return(the thing)". The them used is also just a general "that guy/girl" or sometimes translated as "that bastard"(see early fansubs).
If you're asking about how the pronouns are used, they always use male pronouns. In the manga, there are cases where they'll use "彼" which is guy, though you shouldn't take that literally. They also use the masculine form for siblings, but that's common in any gendered language. It's basically like when the Spanish pronouns for neutral gender default to male, like hermanos meaning brothers and sisters.

Make no mistake though, they are genderless gems, it's just that English doesn't really have that many gender neutral pronouns so it's hard to get that across naturally/

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

dogsicle posted:

there's enough manga for about two cours, but very few points at which the story could be reasonably concluded. i think this season will end around ch 28-29 while the next good point after that is near 50.

Exactly what I thought. I think that place is perfect for a season ender, especially at the pace they're going

I'd love if they got a 2nd season in about a year or 2

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

dogsicle posted:

since we're through most of vol2, i can post some of the official release stuff!

TL note on the slug siblings:

and the manga depiction of Phos' new legs, as seen in color on the cover of vol 2:

I always wondered how they were going to depict the legs. In the manga, I always assumed that they were a stripe of agate and the other stripe was the normal resin-skin color. It's a lot more beautiful than I imagined with the shiny pearlescent finish of the shell comprising the other half of the striped legs. I really like it.

e: I think it's alright since it's just a name, but I don't think we've been formally introduced to Alexandrite(Alex) yet

Postal Parcel fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Nov 4, 2017

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

There Bias Two posted:

She could've like...ran to tell someone at the very least.

I get the impression that her ability to photosynthesize is reduced with the new legs. She didn't seem able to recover from exhaustion at all.

Little bit of that and a little bit of terror

It's essentially the "Deer in headlights" syndrome. Yeah, you know you should run or do anything, but the shock is so great that you just remain paralyzed.

The show is much farther along than I thought. I wonder where it plans to set down.

• Locked thread