Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
My gay male gaze is making their buns into man buns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Everything Burrito posted:

same, but without the gay male part

*angry voice* doesn't stop the female gaze on their hips and buns

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

chumbler posted:

Not a fan of long socks until they're long enough to turn into thigh highs, personally.

I really like that they're animating a lot of small motions that add character, and Rutile messing with everyone is good.

those are genderless rock thighs those socks are reaching, bxtch

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
I finally started watching this show so now I can tell all the people who wouldn't shut up about them being girls that they're idiots and they can suck my rear end

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
I wear dresses and heels and I haven't turned into a girl yet but I'll let you know if it happens lol.

I don't arbitrarily change character pronouns because I'm not BoomBoomBoom but if I was I'd he/him most the characters, phos and the poison one especially, because they come off way more as touken ranbu style bishi than girl.

Oh I was totally wrong for doubting the cg in this I'm loving it so far.

Suck my anus.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Wait lmao they wear the same outifts

Sorry everybody, this means all the gems are men.

Yes, even when they wear dresses

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Futaba Anzu posted:

especially when the source material doesn't ostensibly deal much with portraying issues of LGBT it makes you look like a huge rear end in a top hat just bitching constantly over it.

fake edit: in response to anyone stupid enough to reply back telling me no you're wrong they're obviously genderless so it's obviously 100% an LGBT issue, no it isn't. Just because they're genderless doesn't mean anything, the role it plays in the story is purely on a broader question of what constitutes humanity, not any issues over he she it them whatever. Let people gender them however way they want as long as they understand the greater underlying plot of the show.

unless something happens later in the manga that brings this specific issue up to a prevalent level, it's foolish to constantly attack people for calling the gems female when they're voiced by women and are in general way more feminine in terms of both physical appearance and mannerisms.

cit: im gay

I don't give a poo poo about any of that it's just bizarre to me to insist that this one part of the canon isn't real. Also a bunch of them are hot anime guys hello.

e: like all of them except the uhhhh, diamond? so far and maybe the two that fight the lunarians in the first ep. i'll report back on the genderiness of newer genderless rock people as i go though

DisDisDis fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Nov 22, 2017

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Pollyanna posted:

Kinda surprised you’re into that compared to ur avatar

I love femme gays I just wanna gently caress masc gays more, probably

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
All heterosexuals are Ronald Reagan and all gems have no gender.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
This is a show about the great science of geology not LGBT wish fulfillment

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
I'm a geologist and rocks can't talk or have feelings

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

King Cohort posted:

Yes, we goons and our posts are obviously superior to the disgusting Reddit hordes and--

*reads last two pages of thread*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5z2-hpZB1w

Never thought I'd say this but I agree with those redditors

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
intentionally dressing really femme is p much the opposite of androgynous, I think.

anyway op, maybe saint seiya or uhhh, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2Q6AwrGUkQ

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

PerrineClostermann posted:

When I'm talking about friends and people, and not 2d bugeye aliens designed as otaku fap bait, I don't.

Lmao, who could have seen this coming, in this thread

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Space Flower posted:

this is a really weird way to describe characters as if they're just industry machinations and the interests and feelings of the artists/writers designing characters don't matter at all.

this kind of callous descriptor is what i'd expect from someone who's not really into otaku culture but you've got a kemono friends av and your username is a strike witches char so you clearly just have a targeted problem here.

*gaze moves to maga hat*

They're as much "2d bug eyed aliens E: and otaku fap bait" as any other character in anime so that's an oddly self loathing brush to paint the majority of a medium you consume with.

DisDisDis fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Dec 14, 2017

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
It also seems odd to be recommending people "otaku fap bait" if they're asking for more shows like Houseki, imo

Also the 1995 Shirou GITS movie, OP

e; ive never watched it but maybe Rose of Versailles?

DisDisDis fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Dec 14, 2017

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Lotsa of early (like pre yaoi hands) BL stuff is super femme-androgynous. Maya Mineo's v good. There's another lady I like but all her stuff is hardcore leathery.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Wow, I'm loving all the LGBT wish fulfillment in this show

e: oh, shocking twist! about the king's gender. well in a way, that too is wish fulfillment.

DisDisDis fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Dec 19, 2017

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Wow. That's hot.

^^well it's probably better to look like the boycrazy sea slug than the emotionless buddha when flirting.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Nice

e; honorable mention to the hot bowlcut masc nii-san

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
They're my boyfriend

The guy who thinks only girls can wear dresses was right, the dresses in this ep were really pretty

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
A 2 ep stretch that was Very Gender.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
All caught up. good sho

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
https://twitter.com/gsc_kahotan/status/944560724008771585

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

ViggyNash posted:

Whether or not the characters themselves have an inherent gender, their design is obviously generic moe fare. I also don't think it's that much of a problem because the show doesn't seem to take itself all that seriously. It's a dumb and pretty show about rock-girls.

But I still hate Phos. Maybe now that there's something only she can do, she'll be a more interesting character.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
someone emptyquoted something else on that page and I just really appreciate this post now, after seeing the whole series

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
a fine vintage

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
a good year for horny non human humanoid gender media

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
https://twitter.com/4_fnf/status/951086508148113408

Daddy

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
https://twitter.com/merrittk/status/953420603293388800

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
https://twitter.com/RAIBOOPS/status/953495482164301827

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
I don't think its controversial to say the author drew them in tiny schoolboy shorts because she's horny

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Endorph posted:

they arent girls

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Oh yeah I agree with both of you I just like bringing it up because it owns

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Sensei shapes them to look like the sparkling super hot andro guys from old-school shoujo which is very gap moe since he seems like more of a bear gay

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Oh shut lol, now I'm the gemderer

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
You've got a JoJo av so you're at least 50% of the way there

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

PerrineClostermann posted:

They don't read as bishounen to me :shrug:

Not really modern but oldschool Moto Hagio guys very much, or really like Patalliro!

To a certain extent some older boys' media was like this to, like some of the guys in Saint Seiya. Honestly Pad is the most flagrant "look at this hot old style bishi" character to me, esp with the va work.
A lot of the discussion around their gendered attributes has been really funny to me because stuff like the afforementioned tiny shorts that people insist means they're girls and the femme andro style of their designs I think is really coming from a certain portrayal of masculinity in girls' media.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Also the pretty slug boy is really hot, thank you for your time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
I like her because girls who are called king are really cool to me for some reason.

I was gonna make a joke here like "DO NOT post the KOF character" but actually feel free

• Locked thread