Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

If a piece of an appropriate substance is attached to Phos it becomes More Phos. The bits that were removed to do this are presumably also still Phos...

So who says Phos only needs two arms? Or needs to be not 100ft tall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Did Phos actually "fail", as such? I mean, Bort seems angry, but what was Phos going to do? They can barely lift a sword.

I guess Phos could... kick the moonmen.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Better question: if they're photosynthetic, do some colours of gem (like Bort...) have trouble getting enough "food".

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

chumbler posted:

Bort would probably have the easiest time, being nonreflective and all. Though if I remember correctly the absorbing molecules in photosynthesis have Mn2+ as the metal ion in their center. I really should remember this stuff better.

That everyone's the same colour as the mineral they're largely made from suggests they can't be absorbing too much light anyway...

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Xun, are you sure you're not dating a moon person?

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Has anyone said "gemder" yet?

(I'm trying to stick to singular "they", but it often leads to ambiguous phrases. Like "It isn't Phos' fault that they have to hang around with this bunch of assholes who only care about them to the extent that they're useful to them.")

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Maera Sior posted:

Padparadscha is such a specific color, I'm a little confused as to why Rutile was trying to add corundum without traces of chromium. I know, artistic license, but the pedant in me is bothered.

Phos has been repaired with argate, coral and gold, I think what materials take is a bit of a crapshoot.

Strange that these holes are actually causing problems though. We've seen gems functional with far worse-looking damage. At worst, couldn't they cannibalise some of that hair, like Phos did?

On Sensei: has anyone tried just straight-up asking him what his deal is?

Brutal Garcon fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Dec 17, 2017

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Maera Sior posted:

Phos was conscious while it happened, not to mention that no one knew if it would work - and things went haywire every time. Jamming non-matching rocks into an unconscious person seems like a disaster waiting to happen.

Bear in mind, we're talking about a person who cut a dog in half because they were bored.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

PerrineClostermann posted:

What gem would Hibiki be?

Pyrite.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

...anyone done sandstar?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014