Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

Cinnabar's poison is mercury, for the record.

The next episode being called Metamorphosis is probably some kind of indication that Phos will be coming back as a metamorphic variant of phosophyllite - if such a thing exists? I can't actually really find it on any phase diagrams

whereas the good Doctor Rutile could come back as Anatase or something if she got melted and cooled off a bit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

so do you functionally kill a gem friend by smashing them to dust?

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

The Lunarians remind me of something and I can't figure it out. Where did I last see aliens/monsters appearing regularly but getting stronger every time and pulling out shocking new tricks to ruin some heroes? I'm sure it crops it frequently enough, but there's a specific, somewhat recent feeling example nagging at me.

I know Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer had some of that, but it's something I read/watch/played more recently.

Also this show is outstanding

ugh. You got me thinking about this and there was a series within the last few years that I dropped that was essentially about aliens periodically attacking Neo-Japan, and kids who had been put in stasis when the aliens first appeared get woken up to fight the aliens (they wake up high schooler aged) - but then there's a big conspiracy where the adult handlers of the child soldiers are hiding something. There was an early wham-episode (4 or 5?) where one of the main cast seemingly get killed in the stinger after the credits? The kids have a mix of like... psychic abilities and guns and junk.

edit: found it! Qualidea Code fits what you describe, with an escalating/losing battle against enigmatic invaders

wolfs fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Nov 14, 2017

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

this is easily anime of the season, i swear
it's the most compelling and weird thing week to week

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

all the big monsters in HNK are proven to be adorable at the end of the day when at their most constituent part

First King, now monkey god Lunarian! The gem friends are right to stay away from the soul & flesh & to not be making weird metaconglomerates together.

• Locked thread