Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Oooh man I've been evangelizing this series in the seinen thread for so long and it's great it turned out so well. I was wondering how they were going to translate the ethereal art and stuff to a CG style but drat they pulled it off. Also the music gives me huge Breath of the Wild vibes, which is Good.

I'm psyched.

Pierson fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Oct 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Man it feels like the show not only looks but also moves better episode by episode.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Also the floes were as creepy as I hoped they'd be, hell yeah.

I'm glad everyone has now met Antarc, our third (or fourth or fifth) in a series of increasingly good Best Gems.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Phobophilia posted:

i looked it up and apparently antarcticite is real and you need to precipitate it out of solution and the top google search is of the anim char
Ah, the Fate Grand Order effect.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
They always had a lot of deadpan humour in them but the bubbliness seems to have gone.

Also god drat that next episode title I am hyped as gently caress.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Diamond is too powerful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
The first Nier was already heavily into questions about identity, self and humanity, with the split between the body and soul being a huge foundation for the setting, so it's probably just two different people thinking along mostly the same lines and having the luck to find publishers open to giving their work a platform.

• Locked thread