Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
Please add an option to turn off auto timg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

dragon enthusiast posted:

whenever lowtax posts a new announcement, all of the announcements become unread

Chill our dragon appreciating homey, Announcement hiding is coming

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
Good update.

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
Copy URL then paste adds a space at the start that isn't in the clipboard to be pasted.

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

If I post a picture using the awful app is it automatically a timg? I am super late to the game and just noticed that posting images directly from my phone was an option.

If it's bigger than a certain size yeah. I've requested a no timg option

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

Zesty posted:

Is there a way to get twitter links to open in the Tweetbot app rather than the official Twitter app?

Seconding this request!

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

Keith Atherton posted:

Press and hold for the Select-Select All-Paste etc menu that appears. Tap the arrow at the right and it will have an option to choose [img]

Then you can choose "From Library" and pick a photo in the photos on your phone

That just uploads to imgur

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
Is it possible to add access to the "Users browsing" that's normally at the top of a forum?

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
Something like that. I guess I'm biased because I exclusively phone post

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

Sereri posted:

My question would be why do care about this in the first place

I'll field this. Because it can be really funny, it's part of this complete forums.

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
~ occasionally links and other tappable things do not respond until the app is force closed and reopened.
~ why do some bookmark threads have a red color link to unread posts and others are orange? I assume it's supposed to be threads you are quoted in or something but it doesn't work. One thread unread count is always red and no other.

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
~ cannot seem to sort by thread tag. Only option is no tag

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
Got "scraping failed, error 0" when using the quote function

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

Zesty posted:

Why is this happening? Is it on my end?

Because you touch your end at night. (Read the thread maybe ]

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

Zesty posted:

Anyone more helpful?

Yes. Read the previous posts. Does the answer need to be simpler?

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
Feature / option request: please allow disable of auto TIMG

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Just wanted to stop by and say that I love this app and use it exclusively to browse the forums. I only open Safari to access mod powers.

Is there any chance that the app could ever integrate the mod stuff like editing threads, moving threads, and the punishment/reward menu? I’m guessing not but it can’t hurt to ask. :)

I requested it, I think it's on The List

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
It's done that for a good while

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
Request: make images in the lepers colon work

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
Thanks devs for implementing past requests from me such as displaying the flags in fyad etc. Would it be possible to add a way to select pages of a sub forum, the way you can with pages of a thread? also are the archives available through the app?

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
Request: add link to "posts from user" or whatever its called from profile like the website

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

dismas posted:

You can get this by touching their username.

Not on iOS ? Screenshot? I dont' mea within one thread, btw

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

Seekhay posted:

Just tap the username, like so:

i mean the link that's available on the website that links to the indexed posts from every forum the poster has posted in. Sorry if I didn't make it clear (i made it clear)

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

The man called M posted:

Been noticing that the “filter by tag” option isn’t working. When I try to use it, only the “none” icon shows up.
iOS
iPhone 7s
In case it’s just me.

It's been reported before, hopefully it gets a "+1" 👍🏼

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Sometimes the app crashes. Being useful goon such as I am, I can't offer you rock solid reproduction other than it happening after I click on a post to go to it when I'm already "a few posts deep in" and then there's a partially shown post, a screen worth of blank space below it, and it resumes afterwards with whatever is the other post there then. Then something happens and the app crashes. iPhone ecks, last iOS version.

It crashes a lot more than ever it seems. iOS 11.3 iPhone 7+ but the devs turned off crash reports if I recall correctly?

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
Request: ability to view Sent Items in PM's not just the inbox. ❤️

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

The man called M posted:

Been noticing that the “filter by tag” option isn’t working. When I try to use it, only the “none” icon shows up.
iOS
iPhone 7s
In case it’s just me.

It's not just you. Devs! This one is crucial when search is broken. Please make the tags filterable again.

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
I've requested it, I'm told it's on the list

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

tyler posted:

Can you please add an option in settings to turn off auto timg?

It's on The List

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
Bump the minimum requirement for real. Also any word on the extra space at the front when you paste an image URL?

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
Sent items folder in PM's would be grrrreat

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Is there a way to remove someone from your ignore list in awful app? I can’t find it and I accidentally added someone that I didn’t mean to while trying to look at their rap sheet.

Tap avatar for the menu, then choose unignore

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

Weedle posted:

Will filtering threads by tag ever work again? I seem to remember it used to... long, long ago.....

:pray:

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
Please disable auto timg or add an option to disable it. It's been brought up before but sometimes the wheel's gotta squeak

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

101 posted:

Wouldn't it make sense to base it off of image size?

I think I just always use timg though. Why would you not?

no timg allowed in fyad

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
Filter by tag still doesn't work for me

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
The bug I mentioned about sort by tag: there are no tags to choose from

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

spanky the dolphin posted:

I just found you can tap a tweets comments counter to jump into twitter. So all up we have gained twitter functionality somehow!

e: the letter spacing under the icons for Forums, Messages, Bookmarks etc is now non-existent.

You can tap the time stamp for a direct link

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
Feature request reminder: option to turn off auto timg