Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Still having the bug where if you open the window to edit a post, then back out and instead open a new post, that new post instead edits whatever you post you opened first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Regular Nintendo posted:

I think thats by design so you can quote multiple posts without doing huge copy pastes

That's fine for quoting...but I'm talking about an error with editing. I went in to edit a post, changed my mind, backed out, and made a new post instead. The new post overwrote the post I had jumped in to edit and no new post was actually made in the thread.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I can log in on my Commodore 64, but every post I try to make is just filled with the :11tea: emoji forever.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

pokeyman posted:

If you left the contents of the edit in place when you pressed "Cancel", it'll maintain the edit. We now prepend "Re:" or "Edit:" to the navbar to help a bit while we figure out what to actually do here. I realize it's not an ideal setup.

That's not a bad solution, honestly.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
You can actually turn that off if you want.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Casual Encountess posted:

on an iPhone 7 latest OS if you go to somebody's in thread post history, go to the page wheel and hit "last post" it just takes you to their last post in the thread instead of last post of just their posts

Seconding this as a issue; 7+, One OS update out of date.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Pendent posted:

Does anyone else have an issue where the awful app will stop responding to touch at random? I think it mostly shows up in my bookmarks and I have to re-launch the app in order to keep using it. I’m on an iPhone X with the newest IOS if it’s helpful

I, too, get this occasionally on my iPhone 7+

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I can tab between forums view and bookmarks, I can even scroll up and down on the lists; but can't actually tap into a thread

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Getting weird things where blank parts of the page are showing in normal mode instead of night mode

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Pirate Radar posted:

I just got logged out of the app while I wasn’t using it. Did something break?

Yeah I think this might have been serverside, I had to relog on both app and PC yesterday

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
The MLB At Bat app lets you select a team logo, and the official Ballpark app lets you select a stadium logo. But as mentioned, the league owns the rights to those logos so there's no additional cost to them.

I also have a puzzle game app that switched to a new icon but kept the old one as an option

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
As an iPhone Plus user...I'm loving the new pull to refresh...

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Another report of spoiler bars being broken, current AppStore version, iPhone 7+, iOS 12.0

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3186581&perpage=40&pagenumber=2461#post489890134

Spoiler at the bottom of that post won't show for me. Literally can't get any to work at all; but that's the one I was looking at just now

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Bug report; this one's been going on for several versions but never bothered me enough to report til now.

If I filter a thread by one user's posts, then longpress on the page count and hit "last post", I'm taken to the last page of the whole thread, not the last page of that user's posts.

In contrast, the "first post" option works fine; takes me to the first page of the user's posts.

jivjov fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Dec 11, 2018

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I suddenly cannot tap on usernames to get the This User's Posts dialog anymore. 7+, App Store current version of Awful

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Midjack posted:

Thanks for writing this up, it’s been doing this for me for months and I always forget to report it.

Thirded. I'm terrible at describing errors, but this is something I experience as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
My preferred app icon seems to have vanished, shame