Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

101 posted:

Pepe the Frog is a cartoon character that has become a popular Internet meme (often referred to as the “sad frog meme” by people unfamiliar with the name of the character). The character first appeared in 2005 in the on-line cartoon Boy’s Club. In that appearance, the character also first used its catchphrase, “feels good, man.” The Pepe the Frog character did not originally have racist or anti-Semitic connotations. Internet users appropriated the character and turned him into a meme, placing the frog in a variety of circumstances and saying many different things. Many variations of the meme became rather esoteric, resulting in the phenomenon of so-called “rare Pepes.”

Neo-nazis have adopted a fictional character that doesn't understand the idea of a zipper as their mascot. Feels like 2017 man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Did you accidentally brush your finger across the top edge of the screen? Shooting back up to the top as you adjust your grip on your phone is standard (and dumb) iOS behavior.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

shortspecialbus posted:

Am I missing it or is there not an option to show previous posts by default? Every time I open one of my bookmarks I generally want to look at the last few posts to get my bearings. It's easy enough to bop the button every time but if I could set this as a default it would be great. I dug through and didn't see such an option, but I might have missed it.

98% of the time I'm on an android device (or normal browser) so it's possible there's some apple-ism here that I'm not aware of since I don't use this ipad all that often.

+1ing this request so hard

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Also TBH I'd prefer no end of page scroll equals load next page behavior. I'm scrolling down to last post on not-current page and then poo poo I'm on the next page.

Fake edit: You own for doing this and thank you for doing so. I don't know poo poo about whatever language Apple has turned MAH BEAUTIFUL C into but I can help with random git bullshit etc.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

This serves my need as hell and thank you!

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Happening for me on iOS 10 (yeah I'm lazy), so it's not iOS 12. E: Whoops saw the happening on desktop too post. This probably isn't an Awful app bug then.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

I am currently dealing with Windows-1252 is not UTF-8 at work so I feel this pain.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Encoding is a pain in the dick because most align with ASCII 0-127. Once the high bit is set, haha lol gently caress you excel export to CSV.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Random bug that bugs me (hah) because I browse from places with lovely cell reception: When you tap next page and the page fails to load, the page number updates to what would have loaded.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

pokeyman posted:

This one, perhaps surprisingly, is on the list! Now with a +1 on it.

You and the PDX Bus are fighting for first most awesome app developer ever but I think you just pulled ahead.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

+1 for that fixing the problem here. Did the SA default change recently? I didn’t toggle that setting and I’m pretty sure it was highlighting unread posts on desktop before I noticed the problem on Awful.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Might be worth asking an admin to make them IK of this thread.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

I have nothing constructive to add aside from the fact that a screenshot of a tweet from “Doctor Dogballs” is part of a bug report.

Hell yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Minor bug: I tried to edit my post and lost network connection, I got “Image upload failed” as the error message. Sorry no screenshot because I hammered the post button again after walking closer to my WiFi.

E: I didn’t try to upload an image.