Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Sometimes when scrolling through threads, the screen shoots back up to the top of the page. Is there anything on my end or your end that can be done about this?

Rinkles posted:

The :frogout: app icon made me smile. Thank you.

Just discovered these. They’re great! I didn’t realize apps could let their users change the icon on the fly. Does Apple limit to how many you can make available?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

carry on then posted:

It's a nice feature. And no, that probably isn't it. The app saves the last read position and tries its damndest to return to it in order to defeat all the tweet loading that usually happens after the page signals it's completely done loading. We'll probably need to cancel the jumping back if the user scrolls.

You know, I’m betting that’s it.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

pokeyman posted:

Are these threads you've read before? Sometimes if you've already read the page then we have it in cache, but we'll reload the page anyway in case there are any edits or new posts, and maybe that reload is doing something?

Yes, they are threads I’ve read before.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

pokeyman posted:

Alright. I wouldn't hold out hope for a big fix. The scroll position stuff is a pile of hacks with hacks sticking out the side and hack scaffolding surrounding the pile topped by a cantilevered hack bridge. It might get better someday, something else might get worse as a result, kinda tough to say. Sorry.

No worries. Just a weird thing is all.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Encrypted posted:

Nice thread. Was about to post in QCS to ask for something.

The app is not official so that would not have helped. It says so in the settings tab under the link to this thread.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Is there a way to get twitter links to open in the Tweetbot app rather than the official Twitter app?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
A couple secret forums visible

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Why is this happening? Is it on my end?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Anyone more helpful?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Crime on a Dime posted:

:shrek: Yes. Read the previous posts. Does the answer need to be simpler?

You’re quite toxic about it. Perhaps going outside every once in a while might help?

In the future, instead of giving vague snarky remark, you could just give a clear answer or just say the answer was a few posts up rather than “in the thread”.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

anthonypants posted:

If you get called out for having problems with reading comprehension it's okay to admit you were wrong. You don't need to behave like a petulant child.

“Hey instead of being a snarky jerk, you could have just answered the question. ”
“You’re a petulant child.”

:jerkbag:

There was no reading comprehension issues. I don’t have the thread bookmarked so I didn’t see the post. Relax, Friend.

Keith Atherton posted:

That is what poster JazzFlight did to answer your question

JazzFlight did answer my question and the issue was resolved there. Some people just decided to be goons over it.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Woosh.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Diabolik900 posted:

Yeah, sorry, that's on me. So when I posted this:

I was referring to the fact that the current distance seems to be somewhat dependent on the length of the page you're on, and as a result can be waaaaay too far a lot of the time.

I always intended to fix that, but I'd been lazy and I didn't realize until right now that Pokeyman had released the change on the App Store. I'll try to make a fix today, and hopefully Pokeyman can release it before too long.

Just wanted to say thanks!

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
What’s up with the colored number of replies?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Proteus Jones posted:

Doesn't that reflect the color of the "star" in the User Control Panel of the web based forum UI?

Oh thought I disabled that. That’s annoying. It’s a good way to lose a bunch of bookmarks.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Hello.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Well something is borked here. Took a while to find the “ignore user” button. When I tried use it, the app thinks I’m trying to ignore some moderator.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Derp hang on.

I need a way to check my ignore list from the app.

Anyway we can get a different error warning for that particular case so we know what’s going on?

Zesty fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Oct 9, 2019

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Radium.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Adding someone to your ignore list on the app doesn’t add them to your ignore list on the browser. Bug or no way around that?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

b_d posted:

not sure what you mean. if i click on a thread, the first post i see is one i haven't marked read yet. if i realize it has a big rear end video i can't watch right now i want to return it to unread so i can see it later. to do that, i have to load previous posts and then locate the post right above the one that initially loaded first, and mark THAT post as my last read. so to get back where i was before i need to load more posts and scroll
to the right spot.

if it marked as first *unread* instead i could just do that on the post i can't fully consume yet, and go back to the index.

doesn't matter since i don't imagine it will change

edit: oh if you're saying you have to have the post visible in your field of view and thus it only makes sense to say it is read, then i disagree. lmfao

Oh! Yes! I have the same annoyance.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

kri kri posted:

Rip dark sky

Dark Sky was bought and integrated into Apple's weather app.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Thanks for coming to the thread.

:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Difficult to reshare from that host.