Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Could it be possible to update the auto-bracket-closing button in the posting screen so that it only applies to tags in an allowlist? Right now it seems to just go [/this] with whatever came in [brackets] before it. This pops up most often with editorial inserts when pasting articles and things like Wikipedia citations, so it ends up like [/3] and stuff.

sorry if this has been asked already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Is there some way a future version of the app could hook into some api to integrate the official smiley aliases in a more native emoji-keyboard-based interface?

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

teen witch posted:

If there was any way I could assist in having the SA emotes tagged in a way that you can search for them via the keyboard you let me know immediately.

The aliases should be the ones appearing at

https://forums.somethingawful.com/misc.php?action=showsmilies

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

I asked this as a forum feature in tech support but I think the app could also do this: strip Twitter URL parameters to thwart tracking cause I have to do it manually every time.

eg
twitter.com/trolli_usa/status/1578951295875964928?s=46&t=fckgwrhqq2yxrkt

to
twitter.com/trolli_usa/status/1578951295875964928

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

MarcusSA posted:

https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/be3cdad7da1f4cdab411b2649e3b161d

You can add that to your widget screen and it’s one click uploading.

There is this version that uploads to catbox.moe:
https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/ddbb5ddbd80f4660bc8cddbd3a965d13

This one transloads URLs:
https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/b6f398dfc4dd4b9f92ad01d195b09e8c

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

`Nemesis posted:

The twitter replacement Bluesky is now viewable without an account, and posts are also embeddable. For example, sharing a bluesky skeet link in Discord is embedded.

Here is a random link to a skeet with a picture of a cat.

https://bsky.app/profile/lambheart.bsky.social/post/3khacl72wdk2r

can we get Bluesky embeds please?

I think it would be better to wait for the feature to be added to the web forums otherwise it will make second-class citizens of browser goons...

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

You should probably just use a browser for this. I can't actually answer your question, don't have an iphone, but I can't imagine this is something anyone does frequently.
It's your app, you're supposed to add the feature!

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

`Nemesis posted:

can apps invoke ios shortcuts?

Yes

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

`Nemesis posted:

can apps install shortcuts? if so, it seems like the solution might be easy
A link embedded in the UI in some way would work. Apps can install shortcut steps of their own but idk if they can automatically install shortcuts composed of steps.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

MarcusSA posted:

Since this is yes is it possible to have it in the same place as before with the long press?

I am not an app programmer but in theory it must be possible -- Drafts on iOS can be programmed to https://docs.getdrafts.com/docs/actions/steps/advanced#run-shortcut

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

While I do thank you folks for the shortcut, it still smacks of having to create a boot floppy for every game you own because MS-DOS can't allocate EMS and XMS memory on its own, let alone see if there's a sound card.

I didn't like having to do it back then, and I'm just too stubborn to develop Stockholm Syndrome about stuff like that.

It's open source. You can fork it and add the feature :)

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

You know all this works better without API key fuckery with the catbox shortcut I posted months ago right? You just have to live with British and Australians maybe not being able to see the pictures

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Boris Galerkin posted:

No idea what cat box is so I looked it up. Apparently it's also blocked by Spectrum, Verizon, and Comcast. And they don't seem to allow image hot linking:
Disallowed for commercial purposes. Works fine on Comcast here. I think hosting non-image files probably has to do with it (and definitely does in those countries where it is banned for sharing soccer videos)

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Subjunctive posted:

I’m pretty sure having the images displayed on a site that charges an admission fee is commercial use, if using it for a business’s Wordpress site is considered to be such.

And I don’t think the app is going to be integrating with an image host that can’t be seen in the UK or Australia, tbqh.

Yeah, my suggestion was a little tongue in cheek, and I do use postimages for those reasons, but it's clear from what has been posted that postimages has no loving clue what they are doing and are not long for this world.

I think it's still non commercial use unless Jeffrey does it or Awful.app becomes paid

In general you have to be some kind of insane or stupid to run a free image host

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

It does inline some mp4s. They break the hold-down context menu.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

spankmeister posted:

It's not inlining the ones in the post I linked though. Do you have an example of tumblr mp4's that do inline?

I think this one

e: in the post you linked they are in URL tags not img. Let's see if they work if you wrap them in img:

e: lol it's the same pic

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Tenkaris posted:

What are you using? The current shortcut I'm using for postimages gives multiple options and none of them are url tags 🤔

Whoever posted it had it as timg but I changed it

obi_ant posted:

Is there a way to link a Post Image account to the image uploader (if I create an account)? My understanding is that everything is currently just uploaded into the void without the ability to modify or remove.

By the way, I would like to point out that the shortcut that has been shared ITT is a privacy risk. Unless you manually go to "Options" in the share sheet and turn off "Location" for each image you are about to share, your uploaded photo will include geographical coordinates. You can mitigate this by adding "Convert Image" step and messing with the "Preserve Metadata" settings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Boris Galerkin posted:

I just uploaded a picture with location data and when I redownloaded it there was no location data or any exif data (doesn't even know what camera the picture was taken with). It's still good to keep these privacy things in mind though when you download a random script off a random website and upload pictures to another random website, though.

You need to go to "Download original image" on the postimages page for the image and then hit Download -- not View -- to save it as a file and not an image. Then you save it to your photo album from the Files app or share sheet overlay for the file object.