Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
On the color front, imo the color diff between a read post and unread one on the alternate theme in dark mode is way too small

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
For pokeyman or any other aspiring indie devs who can't afford a designer early on:

http://paletton.com/#uid=1000u0kllllaFw0g0qFqFg0w0aF

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I think thats by design so you can quote multiple posts without doing huge copy pastes

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Kind of a weird bug report:

This only happens in split view on iPad:

1. Quote a post
2. Tap Preview in the nav bar

Expected: preview of post with a Post button on the nav bar
Actual: there is a Preview button in the nav bar where Post should be, allowing an endless stack of preview VCs

Oddly if I get rid of the other split view app and make Awful fullscreen it fixes itself.

iPad Pro 10.5, iOS 11.1.1

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

lifg posted:

Been happening to me too. On iPhone 6 SE.

Me too, iPhone 5 Plus

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Lol so they trained ios devs to think in size classes for 3 years and then just got rid of them for the iphone x?

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
What the heck

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

jivjov posted:

You can actually turn that off if you want.

Feature request (that I could prolly do this week with permission from pokeyman and ux guidance): remove this option and just have two iconed barbuttons there for preview and post instead of either/or

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I know personally the primary value of the preview button is making sure i got the emote names right :5: :voted5: :vote5: :suicide:

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

shortspecialbus posted:

About the scrolling and accidentally loading the next page thing, what the Android app does is allow you to set the percentage of the screen you need to scroll. I bumped it up a bit slightly from the default and no longer get accidental new pages in that one. The ios app seems to be around 10-15 percent maybe, or at least whatever it is for me is rather low so I accidentally go to the next page a lot. Maybe make that configurable perhaps?

(I'm not trying to just say to make the whole thing like the android app or say that one is better, BTW. Please don't take it that way.)

I added a settings toggle to shut off pull-to-next-page entirely if thats your jam

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Diabolik900 posted:

Personally I think think every app should do what Tweetbot does: make it so tapping again returns you back to your previous position.

Is this including the behavior where it inexplicably scrolls down sometimes despite not being at the top

stuffed crust punk fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Apr 3, 2018

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

virinvictus posted:

I’ve noticed this too. Figured it was just me.

This is likely due to twitter's engineering staff being comprised entirely of incurious dullards with nowhere else to go since all the smart ones decided to leave the unprofitable nazi platform

So no not just you

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Crash report

Iphone 7, ios 11.newest

I had an image copied to the clipboard (an actual image from the camera roll, not a url). I started composing an empty reply and tapped the textview to bring up the copy/paste bubble. I selected the img option and accidentally picked the option that inserts the [img] bbcode tags. I then selected all so the tags' text was highlighted, selected the img option from the bubble and selected paste to paste my image and the app crashed.

1. Copy image data to clipboard from Photos app
2. Compose empty reply
3. Insert img tags
4. Select all
5. Paste image
6. Crash

Fwiw the image data didn't seem messed up, i opened the app again and successfully pasted and posted without re-copying the image from Photos. Here is the image i hope you like it

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Workflow (and likely siri shortcuts in ios 12) works

Heres one i made for when images dont load when you're on the train or whatever, if you long-touch a blank inage to get to the fullscreen loading view this will kick it out to safari so you can go back to reading and then check the image in safari when you have service

https://workflow.is/workflows/30478b9174a64e93b5ed760cd6abfb62

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I'm very bad at regex so if someone could share one that'd trim out everything past the ? In a forums twitter url (so I don't have to remove the tracker info when i go to share a twitter link from the forums) ill buy you an av

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

dismas posted:

Have we figured out how to get video links/gifs from embedded tweets to play in the app again yet?

Get twitter to somehow hire engineers who aren't dullards

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Any interest in adding the ability to ignore mods/admins?

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Mad Wack posted:

can't wait for ios 12 to come out and see people posting their screentime with awful at 7 hrs/day

Whatup, it's in 11

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

spanky the dolphin posted:

I've made a new folder here.

Inside I've got some new things.

Animation for Bookmarking a thread:

Animation for UnBookmarking a thread:

I've made a new 'default-tag' for PM's, that should look like this when put in:

It will need to shift in colour based on the app theme.

A new 'no-tag' for the ones currently without created tag art. It will also need to shift in colour based on the app theme. The existing one looks like this:

A new ignore icon so we don't have the same icon for 'ignore user' and 'mark unread'

Also included the aforementioned copy-url@#x.png for easy access. This one needs to be used for 'Share'

Those are sweet

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

George H.W. oval office posted:

Is there a way to play twitter videos that are embedded without having to go to the actual tweet? It looks like it plays but sits and does nothing

Nazis suck at frontend development

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Not trying to be rude but depending on how the devs feel I'd be ok if the keyboard went away

It seems like it never really worked right

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

goferchan posted:

Lol sorry should have scanned this page. But same for me FYI. I also occasionally get the weird thing where when I click a twitter link and it opens in the awful browser (where I don't believe I have my twitter login info saved) it won't display the tweet and gives me the "Sorry, you are currently rate limited!" error -- it's inconsistent though and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't so it's unfortunately hard to nail down how or why it happens. I will definitely give you the benefit of the doubt and just assume the twitter API sucks rear end

1. neo nazis suck rear end at frontend
2. are you using a vpn? I use Nord and get the rate limited issue you described

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
If carry on then or pokeyman wanted to pm me some random bug fixes I'd take a swing at the stuff, I've been doing fulltime iOS stuff for like 6 years at this point (not much swift experience but tbh most issues I encounter in swift are from interoperation with objc)

Never really done much open source contribution so I'm not sure how it goes. Are there issues or tickets or something with descriptions/repro?

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Regular Nintendo posted:

Is login busted for anyone else?

False alarm - shutting off my vpn (nord) fixed it.

Bug report I discovered making this post: hitting Edit on your own post, cancelling, and then quoting another post will have the prepopulated quote post be prepended by the contents of the post you tried to edit

stuffed crust punk fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Oct 7, 2018

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Yeah I know why it happens with quote and compose, it struck me as odd that edit would follow that pattern

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

MarcusSA posted:

Is that the reason that embedded twitter videos won’t play?

Yeah white supremacists suck at javascript

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Diabolik900 posted:

Pokeyman and any of the other developers - I've pushed an increased the pull for next page threshold to the repo. It feels good to me, but I'd like to get some more opinions.

I added a toggle to just shut off pull to refresh if that works for you

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
The 0 often reminds me I've looked at a thread and not bookmarked it. It does surface information to the user

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Sockser posted:

The awful app is the solitary app that I know that lets you change the icon

And I loving love it and wish more apps did this

I think some sports news apps let you change it to a team's logo

a feature that nobody uses that probably cost millions in licensing

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Super Grocery Kart posted:

Any chance the issues with posting pics from the app is going to get fixed anytime soon. I haven’t been able to post pics in months. Tried posting to Imgur first and copying the link and it still never works.

copy the image itself from your camera roll, then in the app open up the copy/paste popover menu, pick [img] and then Paste

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

an actual dog posted:

lmao I can't activate it with one swipe up have to pull it a bit then use a second finger to get it the rest of the way

If you load a page with only 1 or 2 posts you have to drag up about 70% of the screen

Why was this added? Isn't there usually aversion to changing things like this?

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

What about this?

A prison window.

If you want to try plugging it in I've put it in the Lepers folder.

e: also you can't expand images full screen at all this new beta. Or look at spoilers.

This is p nice imo

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Sockser posted:

Perhaps the best compromise is the way that Chrome handles it, where you pull to refresh but you need to hold it for a second

I would caution against this as I've never seen another app do this and google is notorious for rejecting look and feel conventions on iOS and using their own hybrid style with one foot in each grave

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

This gif won't play on my xs for some reason. I've noticed this a few times, it only affects a smallish percent of animated gifs it seems. They are paused on the first frame and won't load.

Also in the latest beta I can't hit user names to bring up that menu.

This happens to me sometimes until i kill the app and relaunch

Also i can't long-touch to open and save a gif now

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Yeah pull for next page in a thread still feels like it takes way more effort than it used to!

It was a bad decision to make this change and the bug that makes the pull distance vary by the scrollview's content size makes it even worse

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Pokeyman, can you just re-release the build 2 releases ago? I'm trying to save a gif and in 3 app kill/relaunches it's failed 3 different ways

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Where do i go to get in on the beta

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Fun Times! posted:

Geez I had my iPhone for so long I automatically check iOS labeled stuff. Beg pardon

What happened to you to lead you to such a wrong decision

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Seeing a lot of issues where trying to load a page results in an endless smiley spinner. Happens in good and bad connectivity. I can see the page eventually if I hit back then forward at the bottom of the screen.

Iphone xs, latest ios, latest prod app

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

TraderStav posted:

I looked for it ten times, you're not alone.

I hate the feature so I'm kind of mad on the internet, but then again it's an awesome dev so I know he'll bring it back.

Lol i added that toggle