Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Resistance Aces expansion pack for FFG's Star Wars X-Wing 2.0 :swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Jerkface posted:

https://youtu.be/MDtY2vVlfaQ

the more i see of resistance the more i like!
Kinda reminds me of if you combined F-Zero and Star Wars, in a good way.
Love the ships, the characters are awesome, lemme just give it a thumbs up... wait, what's with that like/dislike ratio?

loving alt-right MRA edgelord shithead nerds...

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
star wars fans are terrible, im just going to enjoy the kids show for what it is

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

JazzFlight posted:

Love the ships, the characters are awesome, lemme just give it a thumbs up... wait, what's with that like/dislike ratio?

I noticed this a while ago. It seems like there's a lot of "Why does this children's cartoon look like it's for children?! :qq:" going on from what I can see. Honestly, I remember 10 years ago (almost exactly 10 years ago; it was a few weeks ago in 2008) when the Clone Wars movie came out and people were whinging about how "LUCAS HAS KIDDY-FIED STAR WARS :qq:" and how Ahsoka was the worst character ever.

But that turned out fine in the end, of course. I reckon the people who hated Clone Wars on principle in 2008 when they were teenagers are probably the same ones who hate Resistance on principle now.

eonwe posted:

star wars fans are terrible, im just going to enjoy the kids show for what it is

I said the other day, if I went back in time five years and told myself in 2013 that in 2018, Star Wars fans would be worse than bronies and Donald Trump would be president, 2013 me would find the latter far, far easier to believe.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
I'm hyped for Hype!

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

That looks like cool poo poo and I for one am glad that this swell of hate from fans will result in them leaving the franchise behind and them becoming, I dunno, bronies or games workshop table top wargamers instead.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
please dont send more dickheads to warhammer i like that too :(

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea, We don't want any more shitheads in games workshop. Lucky you can't really play unless other people want you around.

I want that cat thing, its such a round boi!

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

The texture stuff feels wrong to me but the models and movement are nice. Needs an ewok pilot imo.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

NTRabbit posted:

Resistance Aces expansion pack for FFG's Star Wars X-Wing 2.0 :swoon:

drat, kinda hype.

Man, when is the 2.0 resistance kit coming out?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

bunnyofdoom posted:

drat, kinda hype.

Man, when is the 2.0 resistance kit coming out?

No idea, I don't really keep up, but I did just read in the Wang thread that the Republic and the Confederacy are being added to the game as new factions soon

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

As a Brony, I can safely tell you we're ten times worse than Star Wars fans when it comes to bitching about a kids show written for kids half or a third the average age of the most vocal demographic that watches it

Fandoms are always the worst part of any series

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

NTRabbit posted:

No idea, I don't really keep up, but I did just read in the Wang thread that the Republic and the Confederacy are being added to the game as new factions soon

That is very true. Althought the first Condeferacy ship isn't the vulture droid, it is the sith infiltrator

(I'm an active poster in the wang thread)

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

LongDarkNight posted:

I'm hyped for Hype!

Same. I loved Donald Faison in Scrubs, and he seems to be bringing a lot of the same energy that made him so enjoyable there to this role so I can't wait to see him. I hope he's got a decent role and isn't just a tertiary character only appearing for a few minutes in a handful of episodes. I do wonder if he had any hand in creating his character though. I know Filoni said he created the character based on Faison, but I wonder if Faison had any hand in refining it through feedback. The decision to make his character an alien seems like something he'd make. I don't even know why I think that; maybe that it allows him to be outlandish and over the top a bit more than a human character would?

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

The texture stuff feels wrong to me but the models and movement are nice. Needs an ewok pilot imo.

I'm still hoping for an outsized alien pilot at some point too, mostly because I love the idea of a Gamorrean pilot like "Piggy" Sabinring from the Wraith Squadron books. Someone who barely fits in the cockpit and really has no business being there intellectually and/or socially. The Rogue Squad books had an alien called Hohass "Runt" Ekwaash who was bigger than most humans and had to squeeze in to a cockpit, which he could only manage because he was diminutive by his species standards. I just like that kind of stuff. An extra-small pilot like an Ewok using prosthetics to reach the controls would be cool too. Something else the X-Wing books made fun of and which your comment might be a reference to. In which case, "Yub, Yub".

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

tsob posted:

Same. I loved Donald Faison in Scrubs, and he seems to be bringing a lot of the same energy that made him so enjoyable there to this role so I can't wait to see him. I hope he's got a decent role and isn't just a tertiary character only appearing for a few minutes in a handful of episodes. I do wonder if he had any hand in creating his character though. I know Filoni said he created the character based on Faison, but I wonder if Faison had any hand in refining it through feedback. The decision to make his character an alien seems like something he'd make. I don't even know why I think that; maybe that it allows him to be outlandish and over the top a bit more than a human character would?

I'm still hoping for an outsized alien pilot at some point too, mostly because I love the idea of a Gamorrean pilot like "Piggy" Sabinring from the Wraith Squadron books. Someone who barely fits in the cockpit and really has no business being there intellectually and/or socially. The Rogue Squad books had an alien called Hohass "Runt" Ekwaash who was bigger than most humans and had to squeeze in to a cockpit, which he could only manage because he was diminutive by his species standards. I just like that kind of stuff. An extra-small pilot like an Ewok using prosthetics to reach the controls would be cool too. Something else the X-Wing books made fun of and which your comment might be a reference to. In which case, "Yub, Yub".

Runt was actually also in Wraith Squadron. And yeah, him and Piggy are some of the best characters

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

This looks like Wacky Racers meets Starwars which is fine I guess. I just have no clue what this show is supposed to be about. They sit around and race on a station and just wait for Tie fighters to show up?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

banned from Starbucks posted:

This looks like Wacky Racers meets Starwars which is fine I guess. I just have no clue what this show is supposed to be about. They sit around and race on a station and just wait for Tie fighters to show up?

its a fuel depot/refueling platform. Assuming its location makes it strategically important. The aces hang around to protect the station and race to kill time. The FO will probably cause trouble, or pirates. Given the dad of the young ace girl looks to be a Republic officer, its probably aligned with the Republic which gives it more than enough juice for FO conflict to occur.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

They've mentioned espionage being a focus of the series a few times, so it could be a neutral station that's used by both factions, and they're trying to supply information about the FO to the Republic without being found out.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's a subplot about a double agent on the team, who everyone suspects is the TIE pilot but turns out to be the guy who only cares about money.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
You can see Kylo Ren's shuttle in a shot, so even if he's not there, someone important from the FO will show up. Wait, isn't Phasma in it?

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Yes, Gwendoline Christie was listed as part of the voice cast in that first press release.

Shuttle in the trailer is probably carrying this dude, though.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Cross-Section posted:

Yes, Gwendoline Christie was listed as part of the voice cast in that first press release.

Shuttle in the trailer is probably carrying this dude, though.

Yea, that's what I figured. I wonder if that's Cardinal?

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

I’d guess it’s Phasma in the shuttle, although I don’t think it’d be crazy for Kylo Ren to appear at some point. The most recent video revealed that the red-armored trooper isn’t Cardinal, so I doubt he’ll be showing up.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

DancinBrud posted:

I’d guess it’s Phasma in the shuttle, although I don’t think it’d be crazy for Kylo Ren to appear at some point. The most recent video revealed that the red-armored trooper isn’t Cardinal, so I doubt he’ll be showing up.

I'm not going to completely rule it out, Rebels got pretty deep in extended canon, and i'm not going to think that eventually Resistance won't go deep too. Seriously, anyone watching Rebels at first thought we'd get Thrawn in the show?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/1042475237458079744?s=21

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Casting spoilers: Elijah Wood!(light synopsis spoilers at the link)

Tomtrek
Feb 5, 2006

I've had people walk out on me before, but not when I was being so charming.

A new extended trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ae2Cxy8sswk

There's a... gold Captain Phasma?!

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Cross-Section posted:

Casting spoilers: Elijah Wood!(light synopsis spoilers at the link)

Eh, ok, but that link also reminded me that Turk is going to be on this show and that owns.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Tomtrek posted:

A new extended trailer:

A silver one, a gold one, and a red one, just like a NEW DALEK PARADIGM :science:

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Tomtrek posted:

A new extended trailer:

Alright, I'm in. Show looks cool as hell.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Finally a trailer that's only 50% flying through rings instead of 80%. We get it...they're good at flying through rings.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

STFU. Flying through rings forever.

Seriously though, poo poo looks dope.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Are my eyes playing tricks on me, or was this a Jedi interceptor?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Icon Of Sin posted:

It's the ex-Imperial veteran's modified TIE Interceptor

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Sep 27, 2018

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Icon Of Sin posted:

I seem to recall something about the pilot being ex-Imperial and his ship being a heavily-modified TIE. (e:fb)

Speaking of, let's talk about that red maybe-TIE/v1 and the fact that it had guns firing from the wing roots.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
its going to be good

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

banned from Starbucks posted:

Finally a trailer that's only 50% flying through rings instead of 80%. We get it...they're good at flying through rings.

You think all that loop flying is useless and extraneous, but joke's on you, all imperial ships are tubes now

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Consider new casting on the horizon soon.

https://twitter.com/RachelAButera

What a dumb loving idiot.

fake edit: she took the video down but she was mocking Dr.Ford from the Kavanaugh case today.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Vintersorg posted:

Consider new casting on the horizon soon.

https://twitter.com/RachelAButera

What a dumb loving idiot.

fake edit: she took the video down but she was mocking Dr.Ford from the Kavanaugh case today.

jesus loving christ

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

https://twitter.com/KatieRose2094/status/1045387703787958273

Here it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011