Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
haze is the poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I can’t remember a goddamn thing about haze except for the korn song

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

How soon we forget. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3966334&userid=0&perpage=40&highlight=Haze&pagenumber=1

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

mikeycp posted:

haze is the poo poo

Got that and Heavenly Sword on my flashed PS3. Can't wait.

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

KoRn was such a strange thing we all endured

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHjvUjlF1kE

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

God drat it's worse somehow than I imagined.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
They also did a song for Silent Hill Downpour.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

History Comes Inside! posted:

I can’t remember a goddamn thing about haze except for the korn song

BOOOOSH! :byodood:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Turns out the real Halo Killer was 343 Studios.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

Detective No. 27 posted:

Turns out the real Halo Killer was 343 Studios.

I figured it was Paramount+ screwing up the lore

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
Haze was loving weird man. It like, tried to satirize dudebro gamer stuff but also it really sucked at pretty much everything.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

If anyone wants a Playstation Move controller, one of my local Cashies has a few. At some point I might actually get one.

njsykora posted:

I'm still keeping an eye out for a 360 Elite at some point, but that's more as a display piece than something to actually use. If I was going to RGH one I'd look for an Arcade specifically because that matte shell looks so good. Hopefully someone figures out at least a better way to swap out the hard drive on a stock console than coin flip flashing drive firmware because otherwise I think I actually have most of the 360 games I'd actually want since every multiformat game from the era I'd rather play on the PS3.

So update on this.

Xbox 360 Arcade, just saw one white fat 360 in a store in not horrible condition from what I could see and rolled the dice. All works fine, disc drive is a bit crunchy but it reads fine and doesn't make any weird noises once the game's playing. Sadly not a fun dashboard, it got updated all the way to Metro. Second memory card slot has lost its spring but the rattling around the door suggests it's still in there somewhere. In pretty good condition, got a few scuffs and marks but the plastic hasn't really yellowed. Controller is filthy and worn but again everything feels right about it so it should respond very well to a good cleaning.

The other surprise was that it came with a Microsoft HDMI cable, I didn't even think the 360 ever had an HDMI cable bundled in just because the PS3 never did.

E: And like an hour later my Suruga-ya order arrives. Not pictured a Japanese PS2 memory card and 2 more Scandal albums (Queens Are Trumps and Yellow). Rez has a slight chip out of the case but otherwise they're all the usual standard of feeling like they're barely a year old let alone 20+.

E2: This memory card wasn't wiped, there's multiple 70+ hour FF7 saves and data from I think every Bemani game on the PS1 on it. Even Keyboardmania.

njsykora fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Apr 26, 2024

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I do still kinda want to get a pair of Move controllers for some PS3 lightgun action. Maybe one of these days.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Island Nation posted:

Given the H is Hunks, I'd go with the latter

This means a group of CHD files are chuds

chodes

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!

Echophonic posted:

I do still kinda want to get a pair of Move controllers for some PS3 lightgun action. Maybe one of these days.

I was about to lament its lack of compatibility with Time Crisis 4 but apparently Namco rectified that at some point.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
So do you have use British and Japanese motion controllers on the left side of the screen or what?

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Echophonic posted:

I'm tempted to do this as well, but then it seems pretty difficult to source good pistol grips for the move controllers.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Can you print them?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Pointer style light gun gaming is trash don’t even bother

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
sometimes you gotta roll in the trash a little bit

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

It is definitely more tempting to figure out a GUN4IR setup, even though it's essentially just a refined wiimote setup.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Pointer style light gun gaming is trash don’t even bother

I love trash and can't get enough of it.

Might play some LA Machine Guns for Wii tonight come to think of it.

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

I agree that pointer doesn’t quite feel right but it’s better than nothing and I’m glad the Wii gave us a bit of life in the light gun style game realm

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

I wonder if it was a solid turd or a spray situation.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

We just need a big publisher to decide they want to make a light gun game again and then either buy out or knock off the sinden light guns, the technology exists to have light gun games work properly on modern TVs and it just needs scale to make it less expensive and fiddly

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Time Crisis 6 with a GunCon 4 :pray:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

This is an attack. Mods?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I had really high hopes for the PSVR2 for light gun games, but there's like, a handful. There's shooters, yeah, but I wanted a loving port of Umbrella Chronicles.

Lord Bob
Jun 1, 2000

Echophonic posted:

I had really high hopes for the PSVR2 for light gun games, but there's like, a handful. There's shooters, yeah, but I wanted a loving port of Umbrella Chronicles.

I wanted CrisisVRigade to be more than it was so much that I bought the sequel even though the first game was just fussy and not what I wanted and the sequel was more fussy and not what I wanted and I was sad.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

We just need a big publisher to decide they want to make a light gun game again and then either buy out or knock off the sinden light guns, the technology exists to have light gun games work properly on modern TVs and it just needs scale to make it less expensive and fiddly
The time of pricey plastic peripherals has passed, I'm afraid.

dishwasherlove
Nov 26, 2007

The ultimate fusion of man and machine.

Yet they just made another Rock Band Guitar with Fortnite money.... (which I'm looking forward to grabbing on clearance).

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

The Kins posted:

The time of pricey plastic peripherals has passed, I'm afraid.

VR really is the best hope/platform for a lightgun game collection, and it's a tragedy nobody outside of emulators has realized this.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

VR is great for arcade emulation in general, you get the full cabinet experience. No one has nailed the implementation though.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

No-one's also implemented good light gun emulation outside the PS1 yet either.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Jehde posted:

I'm tempted to do this as well, but then it seems pretty difficult to source good pistol grips for the move controllers.

F that, get the Killzone rifle/Move Sharp Shooter instead

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

No joke, the store I took that photo in also had the PSVR gun that had the Move orb built into it.

Then another store had the handgun shell.

If I wanted to I could legit have most of the Playstation Move setup in one trip because there's loads of Playstation Eye cameras around too. Yet I haven't seen an EyeToy in a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

njsykora posted:

E: And like an hour later my Suruga-ya order arrives. Not pictured a Japanese PS2 memory card and 2 more Scandal albums (Queens Are Trumps and Yellow). Rez has a slight chip out of the case but otherwise they're all the usual standard of feeling like they're barely a year old let alone 20+.

E2: This memory card wasn't wiped, there's multiple 70+ hour FF7 saves and data from I think every Bemani game on the PS1 on it. Even Keyboardmania.

before I sold my Japanese PS2 I tried one of the Namco MotoGP games, and it was such hot garbage. ugh. being a fairly serious player of the Xbox MotoGP games back in that day probably doesn't help.

yeah, what in the world

how can you play that game for "hundreds" of hours and not find the inverted castle?!?!?!!?!?