Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Monkish At A Soot
Oct 29, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

deeply suspicious

Monkish At A Soot
Oct 29, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

Over Easy posted:

deeply suspicious
Heh, rather than retake the 15min test I spent 15 secs edited in my results in mspaint. I've taken it before. Just kidding I'm Hitler.

Woozy
Jan 3, 2006
crazy how everyone who engages with this classic piece of libertarian propaganda turns out to be a libertarian

Woozy
Jan 3, 2006
oh whoops my bad. turns out if you enter that cheat code that allows you to specify that you are non-white it actually does unlock the top half of the board

Monkish At A Soot
Oct 29, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

Woozy posted:

crazy how everyone who engages with this classic piece of libertarian propaganda turns out to be a libertarian
k you can definitely score anywhere on the board depending on your answers. You're tinfoil hatting hard here. It's accurate if you answer honestly.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
lol

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Monkish At A Soot posted:

k you can definitely score anywhere on the board depending on your answers. You're tinfoil hatting hard here. It's accurate if you answer honestly.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

My political compass is communist Robert morrow

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

Accurate to what? It's completely meaningless. "Woo I'm 1.7 points more libertarian than you an 0.6 points more left wing" it tells you nothing

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
And all this bullshit only happens because the french named their republicans and monarchist after which side of the parliament they sat on

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

my fav thing about the political compass is how it conflates believing in astrology and being religious with being authoritarian.

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
Well I guess if you believe in astrology you can't also believe all people are born equal which puts you at odds with a lot of the more libertarian political philosophies but nobody actually thinks about this stuff

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
Anyway, buzzfeed says I'm trotsky

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

Heh, rather than retake the 15min test I spent 15 secs edited in my results in mspaint. I've taken it before. Just kidding I'm Hitler.

It's just like that scooby-doo wherein the ghost is haunting the leftist stoner's club house and they make it take a test and it cheats and then they take the mask off and it was Ol' Man Hitler

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

GOOGLE PAUL LAFFOLEY

AgentF
May 11, 2009
Link to the kickstarter? How high quality are the game pieces?

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

Nebakenezzer posted:

GOOGLE PAUL LAFFOLEY

visionary art is counter-revolutionary

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
that the vertical axis is "authoritarian/libertarian" instead of "collectivist/individualist" should already tell u that it's a product of liberal ideology

Woozy
Jan 3, 2006
All four of those terms are the product of liberal ideology.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Ruzihm has issued a correction as of 16:28 on Oct 31, 2017

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
my money's on the giant hydra

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

i meant to get the one that labeled the hoplite as "individualism" but this is better :newlol:

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Like the Paul Laffoley painting, this is something else that should be turned into a political compass:

I'd tag myself but "mental health problems" are mysteriously absent

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
tfw you get stuck at the gate of morals and and ideals because lol why would you ever leave

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

stuck hopping between the bohemianism and know it all bars

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i'd smash the gently caress out of that hill taking all the bad ways as secret shortcuts except illiteracy because i can read

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe
if the mutual admiration society admits me, i consider that a success, i don't care what your stupid map says

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

that second slide to nowhere would stop me going up the hill at all

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe
i feel sorry for the poor saps who got 90% of the way there before their laziness finally overcame them

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Welp they didn't take the SYSTEM RAILWAY

I've not GIS'd this but I suspect it's some sort of selling tool for a magic succsess system*

*That might be bootstraps or Napoleon Hill or similar bullshit

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
The picture condemns laziness, but it has a literal train line running up to the top, so apparently you can just sit on your rear end to success, if you can afford the train ticket

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

rudatron posted:

The picture condemns laziness, but it has a literal train line running up to the top, so apparently you can just sit on your rear end to success, if you can afford the train ticket

im pretty sure the train ticket is buying whatever "The Right System" is, probably created by the Leading Mindset Expert of the 1890s.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

im pretty sure the train ticket is buying whatever "The Right System" is, probably created by the Leading Mindset Expert of the 1890s.

Uncle Bob's Patented Bear Cum Whiskey "all corn, no cob"

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

wheres the dot for you tho

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Squizzle posted:

wheres the dot for you tho

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

I honestly love all the really elaborate DnD-esque working out of elaborate heavenly / hellish hierarchies from scattered mentions in the bible

It's exactly like DnD efforts, maybe less sexy angels

Once again, I wish I was more skilled / less lazy about these things so I could make it to a pol compass/ spectrum test

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woozy
Jan 3, 2006
I, for one, have faith that one day we'll find a spectrum along which all goons can be accurately plotted

• Locked thread