Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
https://twitter.com/caseyjohnston/status/920423908997718016

fo rillz tho, if a piece of dust getting under a key necessitates replacing half the computer, it is a poorly designed computer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
how are they by market share? or units sold?

not smartwatches, just watches in general

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

are you counting total revenue or just revenue from selling apple watch?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

when did they release the apple watch sales numbers? i missed that

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

cinci zoo sniper posted:

casio terrorist watch?

also, lol @ we're the most successful watchmaker in the world, so much so that if we released our sales figures we think it will tank our stock

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

any estimates on their actual profit per watch?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

well, it's good to see that apple has carved out another niche in moderately priced watches that are bad at being watches. watch this space

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

why couldn’t Apple have just...made the MagSafe connector thinner? :confused:

because it would still need to be a separate port from the usb-c/thunderbolt one

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

NEED MORE MILK posted:

[img thunderbolt cinema display]

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

reminder: apple had a single port dock that was also a best in class 5k monitor and they stopped making it to sell some trash from lg that exploded around wifi

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

welp, that was me mis-remembering. 1440p was the best they ever did with thunderbolt displays before they threw in the towel

shameful

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

good thing apple got all that hardware crypto to make stolen iphones nearly worthless

good thing they can't just point it at your face to unlock it

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

...so the hardware crypto doesn't make stolen phones nearly worthless.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

what if I register my dick as my face

i don't think it has a macro lens

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

it was born out of the fact that samsung and microsoft did it and touch id didn't work through the screen at all

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

where do i sign up for the stymie cast?

is it on itunes?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

looool

stymie was right

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Wheany posted:

i drive my fancy expensive car through slums to troll the people who live there

iphone x: a glass mansion on a hill overlooking the ghetto

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

that is just a hideously ugly phone design

seriously, it looks like something samsung made two years ago

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

loving ios 11.1

my phone's cell modem just shut off or something since last night. wifi worked and i've been home all day, so i didn't notice until i went to make a call. had to switch airplane mode on then off again to get it to reconnect

now i have a bunch of voicemail and text messages show up all of a sudden.

goddammit iphone you had one job

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

LanceHunter posted:

Anyways, actual content: Sikh comic gets an IPhone X and tests it against his less-conventional hair/facial attire. (Sorry about the Facebook link.) https://facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10155855604536419&id=512871418

less conventional than what? there's like 22 million sikhs

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

ffs why is iOS still such poo poo

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

cinci zoo sniper posted:

i was on the train watching a video with my X and AirPods and a guy behind me taps my shoulder.

him: do you like it? was it worth it?

me: i'm liking it.

he gives me a smirk and pulls out a space grey iPhone X box from a white apple bag. looks like he had come back from buying one. i give him a nod and a thumbs up while mouthing "nice" and went back to my movie.

lol, did you seriously spend the equiv of like five months rent on a telephone?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

not very, i was wondering how long it would be before you got rolled into the street and guillotined for your largess

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

5months ?

do you live in a cardboard box under a bridge

i was talking to cinci, who lives in latvia, where the average rent is like $200

where i live 5 months rent will buy you a used car

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

i guess the disparity is an iphone x does not cost the equivalent of a used car* here

*like, something other than an 86 renault alliance

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

like a diesel rabbit from 1991, idk.

my assumptions about eastern europe haven't changed since the wall fell

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

something you can repair by hitting it with a mallet enough times

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

eyeing the success of htc and occulus, apple is believed to be going all-in on an AR headset and custom OS

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

i thought it was pretty funny

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

i don't think i care, it's hilarious, just like the autonomous vehicle project was hilarious. if apple wants to make some slick looking cyberpunk goggles, i'm all for it really

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

fasces: the mobile choice of the alt-right

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

easy to call it a major pos tho

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

it’s the best tv os on the market

webos

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

lmao. a $2k coffee tin.

goddamn

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

this is like an arg or something right?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

no doubt, the writing was just so melodramatic and absurd though

what infernal knowledge are apple's engineers unlocking deep in the bowels of a sunnyvale military base?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

cinci zoo sniper posted:

where is 32gb ram macbook pro

wherever they keep the macbook that uses a xeon and ecc

you really don't want high memory densities without ecc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

the new mac pro does double duty as a buttplug