Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
reminder that apple has been in a freefall since stebe himself died of rectal choking from too many durians up there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
my wife (waifu) has been using a 6S+ for some time now (many years) and it is bad and the camera is apparently unusable and she wants to get the pixel 2 to replace it.

she actually, out loud irl, asked me if it was okay that her chat messages would be green instead of blue, and if i would love her less.

i said it definitely would make me love her less, but she's her own woman and can use inferior hardware if she must.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
it will be the iPhone One.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
doesn't siri tell you the temp in "side, turkey" if you ask for the temp inside?

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
so i'm finally getting in to the swing of using a mac for work and trying to remember the keyboard commands to do poo poo.

i had a minor freakout when i could not find the open or closed apple keys.

jonny had to talk me off a ledge on twitter.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

qirex posted:

this has not been a thing since the apple II

i'm getting hella strong mandela effect on this one. i could swear those white keyboards that came with the g3 macs had them

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

I can't find it due to the proven true mandela effect (shazam, etc) but they definitely had that going up to right before the og imac era. guaranteed.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
https://i.imgur.com/dFadpk1.png

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

infernal machines posted:

lol. nice 'shop

no, it is real and it is my friend

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
futuristic, lol

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
someone post that chart that shows that most anroid devices still ship with like ice cream sandwich or whatever and that most flagship phones are never on the most current release and never get it

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
reminder stebe had multiple factory workers thrown off the roof to have them punished for leaking

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
i was an apple certified warranty tech for a few years.

they do not gently caress around with parts authorization for in-warranty repairs. i worked at a college so it was a TON of liquid spills and cracked screens/drops and each and every one of them required a bunch of paperwork and authorization to even order to the part. for out of warranty? you could order whatever but a motherboard would be $1400 for a $2000 laptop, and a screen would be $900, and a power-board would be $600. if they broke the hinges? $200 in parts, $1000 in labor since they routed the wires through a hole in the motherboard specifically put there to increase labor time.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

hobbesmaster posted:

doesn’t it depend on what part it is? are the consumer laptops designed to be as easily repaired as say the latitudes or desktops?

i was also dell and ibm certified for warranty repair. dell was the easiest in terms of parts and labor. they had put SOME thought into things.

IBM was usually really nuts, literally every repair had you removing the mainboard. On all models the hard drive was replaceable, but on some models it wasn't behind a little panel, but on the "inside" of the laptop so you had to take literally everything apart.

apple's little power board on the powerbooks was a loving nightmare. you had to take the screen off, as well as the motherboard so it was a 100% teardown of the entire laptop. it took hours. the power cable ran through the hinges too, so again, if someone cracked a hinge, a 100% tear down.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
also some customers had purchased the top end dell warranty service, and they'd drop their laptop off at the store, and we'd enter the info in to the Dell website to start the warranty repair, and a dell employee (like an actual W2 guy) would show up the next day or so and fix it on our benches and have all his own tools and everything.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

infernal machines posted:

?? the top end dell warranty service is 4-hour response onsite from a contracted tech isn't it?

yeah but college kids don't have a space they can use for a repair, other than a dorm room. so they drop it off at our store/repair center and the dell guy comes there.

i think since we sold like a bazillion dollars in dells a year, we got some kind of extra service also.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

PleasureKevin posted:

we made love 3 times a day over our 2 week honeymoon. the physical attraction could only be described as like magnetic attraction, but more physical. but the third dimension of space is time. as it passed and children were born and interest on our mortgage was paid, we hit the sack less. being a man of science (professional magneticist), i outgrew my fathers warnings to "jelq" using learned techniques and nature's perfect tool, a previously virgin wife's vagina. but i noticed it. thought nothing of it. made excuses. blamed it on coffee. but i had an eerie feeling my penis and balls were shrinking. not one to take advice from someone who is little more than a glorified doctor, i went to see a physician. they said my shrinkage was "normal" because it was "from the perspective of someone putting on weight". well my weight has no effect on my perception and when asked for proof, the nurse nurse told me "i'm not a librarian your appointment was 5 months ago and the doctor you saw died a few weeks later under suspicious circumstances". well, "suspicious circumstances", huh. that made me ever more suspicious. by this time i was doing what i tried not to my whole life measuring my penis several times a day. but it was vague. i pushed the fleshy bits in and it seemed ok, but I let go and it seemed nearly inverted into my body. everyone forges their father-in-laws signature a few times, but i was breathless with fear after doing it 5 times to buy luxury cars that could only be delivered via helicopter to highly wooded areas (I know how to grow trees) of our property where my family wouldn't see them. but the luxury cars couldn't stop the growing feeling that my penis was evaporating. evaporating like moo cows with too much milk in them. on june 4th 2018 I looked down. i must have slept in and missed the keynote. i wasn't looking down at my watch. i was looking down at the increasingly empty area where my manhood had been, and seeing the newly installed apple notch. any blank space can be a notch be careful god bless maga

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
do you guys think my motherboard, an ASUS ROG MAXIMUM VIII EXTREME ALPHA has this hack put on it?

should i be worried?