Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pinbacker
May 7, 2007
Joined in game as BigCup no idea whats going on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinbacker
May 7, 2007
Play this game its really fuckin good

Pinbacker
May 7, 2007
Your capital can level buildings to 20. If you're joining commune of lowtax, I would recommend trying to send a station as soon as possible to goonland, as it is probably the only safe area for us left.

Also, the resources in the starting area are inferior to the expansion areas. When expanding, I recommend looking for a spot that has as much resources in the full +3 hex area. The basic station
collects resource in a 1 hex area around it. A building in the industry line will expand this to 2 hexes. A building in the domain line expands this to 3 hexes. So, the best mining bases have mining stations
collecting resources from 2-3 spots, and the station itself collects resources from every asteroid/moon/planet in the full +3 hex area.

Once you have a nice mining spot, this will give you the resources to expand to further areas. Also, I recommend saving achievements and build time cards for your second base, so that you can level
it up as fast as possible. Go ahead and burn commodity cards at this point for minerals, as you won't really need them until you are upping outposts to level 2-3.

Pinbacker
May 7, 2007

Rhymenoserous posted:

games doomed lol

Yeah, well, thats just, like, your opinion, man

Pinbacker
May 7, 2007
To be competitive you need to spend alot of time online. Especially if you on the front line of a hostile area, defending against attacks can force you to wake up in the middle of the night to click buttons.

The devs seem to be aware of the disparity between time spenders and more casual players though and have mentioned future versions will allow more casual players to make rewarding contributions to their alliance, IE support roles

Pinbacker
May 7, 2007
Yeah the only reason I'm still playing is we're kind of winning? That and the goon alliance is full of cool people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinbacker
May 7, 2007

Archenteron posted:

So is another round starting soonish?

There's a pre-alpha apparently starting soon, and then another round of alpha in March? i think.

• Locked thread