Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plastic Paws
Jan 24, 2011
I'm actually looking forward to trying this out. Will be downloading it tomorrow after it is up. Not sure how alliance stuff will work out but maybe a goon one would be a good plan if enough of us stick with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plastic Paws
Jan 24, 2011
Also OP there is an official discord for players to socialize, organize, strategize, argue, etc. Here is an invite for anyone wanting to check it out: https://discord.gg/tMd4Pmt

Plastic Paws
Jan 24, 2011

Unfunny Poster posted:

I am by no means a great organizer/leader so someone can do all that if they want. From my view, if you basically bumrush a section of the map (you can pick where to spawn) with a bunch of goons youcan essentially take it over fairly OK.

It'd basically be a Soviet Union approach, just throw a mass of people at the enemy and crush them that way.

I can also set up a Goon Discord of needed later today in my timezone before thegame goes live.

As for the official discord most Goons tend to avoid them but I'll add it to the OP when I can get to a computer.

I didn't realize most avoid the official ones, I am sorry. Seems we only have a few interested goons so far but we shall see how it goes tomorrow and onward.

Plastic Paws
Jan 24, 2011

Unfunny Poster posted:

No worries.

I made a Discord for us to use. https://discord.gg/v8wpZN

Its barebones at the moment since I'm on my phone but I'll add more bells and whistles later.

Mainly the Goon Discord bot thing.

Sounds great, thanks!

Plastic Paws
Jan 24, 2011

Dustoph posted:

Should I take it as a good or bad sign that no one but the OP is talking about the game after they download?

This was so much easier when AD was making the threads.

Who is AD and why does that matter? We talk mostly on our discord. This thread is mostly for spreading awareness of the game and coordinating invites to our alliance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plastic Paws
Jan 24, 2011

Dustoph posted:

Wow, some of you all salty for some reason. Talking about AD was a joke because he has made ops for maybe 20 failed or never coming out MMOs. As in, if he had made the OP I would instantly know I don't need to touch this, or if I did it wouldn't be for 10 years.

Just about every thread in this sub forum is people talking about playing the game so I'll just wait until other people post their experiences. :shrug:

Thanks!

Oh, I gotcha. Makes sense now, misread it. The game is good though. Probably too late to start now though. Know that it requires lots of checking in and doing a few things to maintain/expand your station(s).

• Locked thread