Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
minchar
Feb 10, 2013

Game definitely looks worth a try, I'll be downloading it today. I joined the discord so we can coordinate a bit. Would probably be a good idea to try and start somewhat clustered, though I'm assuming you can build a new station elsewhere after starting if you go fuckgoons want to move

Also the official discord is the usual pubbie nightmare but the devs are pretty active there answering questions at least which is useful.

Edit: there is a trailer for this alpha as well
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqU1EGjuCrQ

minchar fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Oct 18, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

minchar
Feb 10, 2013

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Seems I fell behind in my endless Warframe grind.

Saw your application to the alliance. Accepted it, which then sends you an invite apparently rather than just letting you in. So you have an invite now.

minchar
Feb 10, 2013

cinn posted:

I installed this thing and am clicking buttons in a blind haze of space ignorance.

ingame as cinn in Libra sector

Alliance invite sent

minchar
Feb 10, 2013

Goodchild posted:

Haven't played one of these in a long time. Signed on as Goodchild.

Invite sent.

minchar
Feb 10, 2013

Added folks up to here.

minchar
Feb 10, 2013

Eltaggerung posted:

In as Eltagg. Just finished watching and following along with the tutorial, seems neat so far.

Added.

Also please say something in the thread if you apply. We have a bunch of random names applied and I don't know which are/are not goons.

minchar
Feb 10, 2013

Confirming the single alpha server is currently full. However, at 1500GMT they are beginning an automatic purge system per the rules below

Snoogms posted:

• Players are designated as 'inactive' if they join the game and do absolutely nothing for 2 days.
  • If they have not confirmed their emails, they're removed after 1 day.
  • They'll be removed and a new player can take that starting position.
  • Inactive player from there on or inactive players that have done something and then quit, remain in the game and naturally become farms for their active neighbours.

This means at 1500GMT slots will open up on the server. Once those fill there will be no additional slots for this alpha test as they are only running one server for this alpha.

minchar
Feb 10, 2013

Invited.

Also before moving check the announcements on the discord for coords that others are moving to so we don't have folks trying to move to the same spots and wasting a trip

Edit: rip we had 3 people try for the same spot

minchar fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Oct 21, 2017

minchar
Feb 10, 2013

The biggest thing right now is the first 7 days are just build up days. Every player in the game gets a 7-day "ESA protection". You cannot attack other players or be attacked by other players while this is up. The timer for this is based on when you initially spawn in the game, so late joiners will have it for additional time over those that poopsocked from when they hit the on switch on the server. Once those shields drops and the pvp starts the game will definitely accelerate in activity, and hopefully fun too.

Edit: Also the devs have put together an extremely thorough, if not very well formatted, guide that can be found here http://starborne.boards.net/thread/872/game-guide

minchar fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Oct 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

minchar
Feb 10, 2013

Jcam posted:

Solution is to uninstall the game, go to their website, hit Play Now, select the small option underneath the download where it says "Having Problems? Click Here" and then download the manual installer. Worked like a charm for me.

Confirmed, this is the solution. When they update again though you'll either have to try the launcher again or redo this method every time.

• Locked thread