Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
hello pleasure kevin dont worry about your job when god closes a door he opens another door somewhere else. the problem is finding it. if hes god it sure seems like he could just loving teleport you there imo which is why im an atheist now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Skim Milk posted:

*home alone mom voice* KEVIN!

poty
Jun 21, 2008

yeah substance abuse doesnt fix anything and killing yourself is really dumb. especially for a weak rear end problem like losing your job

so you lost your job. who gives a gently caress honestly? as a computer toucher youll have another one in no time. if your girlfriend gives you poo poo about it then shes a loving idiot

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Salt Fish posted:

5.977723605288847766322594581032436291182939455932389057596 figgies

so close and yet so far

poty
Jun 21, 2008

bobbilljim posted:

6.5 figgies is >= $3162277.6602

here's an easy figgy calculator

your stupid tool is calling me a five figgy fucklord

fix it now!!!!!!!!

poty
Jun 21, 2008

id rather live in the google parking lot than spend 2/3 of my salary (regardless of how high it is) paying interest on a mortgage

poty
Jun 21, 2008

echinopsis posted:

when i move out imma have start budgeting etc

YNAB helped me in the past and imma have to take advantage of it. don’t get shameful figs but not enough figs to not worry about day to day poo poo :(

i use an app from a startup to track my expenses which has the advantage that its nice to use and it doesnt have the stigma of launching steam and the disadvantage that their servers will one day get hacked and my family will get kidnapped to get at the savings ive logged

poty
Jun 21, 2008

i got out of the stock market just before the us election because i was worried that trump would win (and that would destroy the market right)

havent gotten back into it as everything is so expensive and the crash is coming any day now right???

at least ive made a bit of money messing with currency exchange rates

poty
Jun 21, 2008

gently caress that im gonna trade my way to retiring at 45 or die poor trying

you sound like youre from the r/investing school of thought. im more from r/wallstreetbets (more dumb)

poty
Jun 21, 2008

dear figgies community

im thinking of buying an eames lounge chair for my (cheap) rental apartment. its like 5k. it looks good and im guessing it should have some resale value

im aware this makes me edible as per the latest yospos memes

please offer your thoughts (and prayers)

poty
Jun 21, 2008

rjmccall posted:

out of loyalty to the pedantic roots of the great figgie debate, i feel obligated to inform you that dropping one or two figgies on a chair would require you to spend somewhere between 90% and 99% of your gross income, which seems excessive for a piece of furniture, however nice it may be

how did you reach those percentages

poty
Jun 21, 2008

power botton posted:

I had one and sold it and would honestly buy a stressless or fjords for like half the price instead unless you absolutely needs an Eames Lounger (tm)

no i dont care i just want it to be really good

poty
Jun 21, 2008

rjmccall posted:

a 90% reduction is a 10% retention i.e. decreasing log10(cash)+1 by exactly one, such as from a marginally middle-class income like 219k to 21.9k. 99% is a 1% retention

what

poty
Jun 21, 2008

thank g-d we have some rigurous figgienomists here to school the noobs

poty
Jun 21, 2008

living with figgies has problems too. i got an offer and interest for interviews from cool jobs where i would probably learn more at least for a while or have great benefits. but it feels dumb to even consider switching to them because they are in other locations where they cant offer 6 figgies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poty
Jun 21, 2008

http://www.tiffany.com/accessories/decorative-accents/everyday-objects-sterling-silver-paper-plate-60558981?trackpdp=pr

check out this 3-figgies plate

• Locked thread