Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord

Bloody posted:

yospos: pedantic but also wrong

this is why I belong here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
I am a butt

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord

rjmccall posted:

out of loyalty to the pedantic roots of the great figgie debate, i feel obligated to inform you that dropping one or two figgies on a chair would require you to spend somewhere between 90% and 99% of your gross income, which seems excessive for a piece of furniture, however nice it may be

how much is 1 figgie here in dollars? $1000?
how about 2 figgies? $2000? $10000?

I need to be sure

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
a US$10000 chair sounds a bit excessive

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord

Doc Block posted:

do people not understand that “figgies” means figures? “a p dece six figgies” means a six figure salary, aka $100000-$999999 (so 6.5 figgies should be $500k), so 1 figgy is $1, 2 figgies is $10, etc

my brain farted, but man a $10 chair is way too cheap

• Locked thread