Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
qirex
Feb 15, 2001

if you're taking home more than 10 grand a month you can live pretty happily anywhere in the world unless you've decided you need a 1/4 acre lot in monaco or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

people here talk about shares as part of their income because their company literally gives them the shares [or sells them at a discount]; do you have 6-9 months of living expenses in in savings? do that first. I usually buy etfs/stocks in increments of $1000, unless there's some nz equivalent of robin hood transaction fees are going to put a big dent in it if you invest $100 at a time

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

if you're making tech figgies this is probably bad advice. just keep a line of credit around for emergencies. even if you need to wait for the stock selling window to open that's probably ten, twenty bucks of interest and in the meantime you can invest all that instead of letting it rot in a savings account.
I lost my job, better borrow a bunch of money to get by in the meantime what could go wrong [yes I know you could sell some stock if you're invested]

aaaaanyway, financial advice is like diet advice or dating advice there's general rules but everybody's different [everyone should support local arts though]

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

the eames soft pad aluminum lounge is the best one

• Locked thread