Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Embarrassed for the OP but subscribing because I might be able to learn some more about figgies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
One time I grabbed a fist full of fig newtons and told the person next to me I finally got 6 figgies.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
5.977723605288847766322594581032436291182939455932389057596 figgies

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
The highest paying jobs are in the highest priced cities. This is why we must incorporate the indirect utility function into any figgie calculation.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I'll level with you; the location ain't great, but when you see the figgies you're gonna lomarf.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
It's a figgiecentric subforum.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

poty posted:

i got out of the stock market just before the us election because i was worried that trump would win (and that would destroy the market right)

havent gotten back into it as everything is so expensive and the crash is coming any day now right???

at least ive made a bit of money messing with currency exchange rates

Did you pay 401k penalties? Anyway, you shouldn't care what the market is at until you're ready to retire. It doesn't matter if you have a local minimum when you're 30.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I'm from the "I'm lazy as poo poo and most of my money feels like play money after I bought my 7th electric guitar, also I have no friends" school of investing. The returns are pretty mundane but its easier than knowing your vanguard login.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

vodkat posted:

RE Chairs:

A library I worked in for most of a year had these Eames chairs and they were very needs suiting

my only regret is not stealing one while I had the chance.

Just sit on the floor like an animal why don't you? These eames chairs disgust me, mostly because the name is too close to James, but also because you should be sitting in a proper steelcase ergo chair and if you need a living room because you think it's 1970 just get like 5 of them.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Keep spending most our lives
Livin' in a figgies paradise
Been spending most their lives
Livin' in a figgies paradise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Smythe posted:

the story of the figgy and the fig. eat enough figs, it's good for your health. too many figs? you're going to have a bad time in your guts, and body - it's not good. one must moderate their fig and figgy intake to live a healthy, happy life. :thunk:

This is loving deep actually. Figs.... figgies, who among us can truly count them?

• Locked thread