Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
dat sweet sweet tax free working the street figgies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
pks twitter paints a bleak picture

I think pk himself is the cocaine figgies, and 17 days now of drinking at home alone

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/Pleasure__Kevin/status/920418647633547269

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

pram posted:

kevin posting is bad too. dont do it!

id rather he posted than take his own life
x kevin

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i earn a few figgies and it’s gonna be many decades before its anything more unless i buy and run my own pharmacy

drugtronics

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
may allah save kevin

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

what is your thought on the proposed ban of over the counter codeine products, op?

conflicted. went to a meeting other night to discuss the issues, and opioid abuse is mental and shoppers are legit a thing

a centralised database is the answer. not prohibition. some people get very effective pain relief from OTC codeine and like paeudoephedrine, removing it from the shelves doesn’t fix the problem. nz drug foundation posted that meth is more available and cheaper than ever, despite making it a class B drug required a controlled drug script

the problem is society, as in, why is being a professional shopper an appealing line of work? that said we do have a responsibility to prevent people who abuse or sell it on from access. but this isn’t just OTC codeine it’s all doctors too.

like the dude who got 80 x 80mg oxynorm from me the other day... HOLY gently caress THATS A LOT OF OXY

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i mean im not totally excluded from the recreational drug scene but ive never coime across it, thank god

synthetic cannabis is horrible though. like fuckin insane. as far as I am concerned it's a different drug from cannabis and legalising cannabis wont fix the synthetic cannabis problem, only making it so its not more appealing that being poor as gently caress

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

yeah don't call it synth cannabis I don't know what the scene is down your way but here it is literally poison

I've heard cants has some actual synthetic cannabinoid [that isn't literally rat poison] in the product down there, but it is still pretty dog poo poo

who knows, legalisation on its way??

https://twitter.com/morgancox_uk/status/921323567526096897

lol i just show people the wikipedia page for cannobipnds and there are hundreds of chemicals that bind to the receptors, it’s insane, and say “which one is in the product”?

hopefully they decrim co apparently hardly any police resources go into opioids coz all targeted at meth (worthwhile) and weed (jesus christ)

but yes end of the day for a lot of people their life is so poo poo, synthetics are a good option. it’s amazing people wanted to keep national coz the economy is good but lol don’t worry about world class levels of poverty and youth suicide :(

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
someone make that into a good portmantue

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
ddd

echinopsis fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Oct 26, 2017

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

spankmeister posted:

You have self worth issues so this might not be a good situation for you.

well, it's certainly a reason to deal with my own extremely poor self worth, but not a reason to avoid it. but def need to work on it

"comparison is the theif of joy" indeed

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
you knew the answer before you even typed it out

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
when i move out imma have start budgeting etc

YNAB helped me in the past and imma have to take advantage of it. don’t get shameful figs but not enough figs to not worry about day to day poo poo :(

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

poty posted:

i use an app from a startup to track my expenses which has the advantage that its nice to use and it doesnt have the stigma of launching steam and the disadvantage that their servers will one day get hacked and my family will get kidnapped to get at the savings ive logged

mine isnt through steam

and files stored locally, although i put them on dropbox

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lol dats how i roll

i’ll have a new two bedroom but in a row of houses that ended up mostly being brought out by housing nz (to become state houses) and so low figgies all around me :/

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lol

YNAB teaches you some good habits.

need to nuckle down until got some deece backup for life (ie, unexpected car bill doesnt gently caress me over) and for moving forward, then can start to enjoy life again

in the asset split, i will probably end up taking less than half. the last thing I want to do is hurt my soon to be ex wife, or leave her stranded. shes gonna have a big family home and itll probably be "home" whereas my place will just be the secondary place. I think its fair because I do value the family and the kids over me getting 50%, plus tbf 1/3 of our marriage was me being a student at uni (so no income, apart from meagre student allowance), and 1 1/2 years of being marginially employed where she was the primary bread winner.. so I think asking for 50% is rude, and I don't want to do this by the letter of the law, but in the most empathetic and respectful way possible. marriage breakup is basically my fault, she doesnt deserve to be hosed over in the settlement 😌

this thread about financial advice too

how much should I put into the nz index fund at a time? how little is worthless because of transaction funds. how can I secure some kind of financial future
when some mother fucker makes 80g on a property transcation in a month (buy then sell) , really puts ya $100 a week into savings into perspective 😓 cant get ahead just be working hard, gently caress no

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

rjmccall posted:

don’t give in to that kind of thinking. there’s always gonna be somebody else who looks like they’re making shitloads more money than you, especially if you don’t know all the ways they’re losing out. you’ll just end up chasing get-rich-quick schemes, and those only ever work out for the grifter

I know you can only do what you can do, but I'm saying, pumping a side bunch of money into a boring bank account is never gonna get you much out of it

lotsa people here give the impression their salaries arent just money but also shares and people itt talking about selling shares and buying index funds and etc.. wanna borrow a bit of this knowledge

life is going to be very different soon.. always had a safety net of the marriage and a wife who can get extra well paying work at the drop of a hat.. I won't have that.. if work dries up for whatever reason i'll have to do unskilled work until new employment comes along?? gently caress.. lets hope it doesnt come to that coz you bust your rear end and barely get by

managed to get to where I am in life due to deece natural brains like most yosposters, and have managed to cruise thru life a lot which is totally worthless life lessons and I have a lot of skills but also poor motivation, this is something I need to learn how to deal with.. been looking at CBT n poo poo which seems extremely good "but" you have to put in the effort to get the results.. its like, its a train to success but you need to run to keep up with the train to jump on in the first place and still in that "first place" where I need to make the initial jump into progress

its cool. I need money to make my life live. love to have figgies and I wonder if I could use my experience and move into IT in some way. still want to move into IT, I think my brain could totally do it but need a bit of stability and backup first before trying an employment risk

the software 90+% of the pharmacies in the country use is made in this town. my ideas could revolutionise..

I wonder about being able to man in the middle the label printer, and be able to edit them before the print, or turn them down, etc.. my software is good and fast and keyboard controls are nice but it has some amazingly frustrating limitations and now I have a moment of passion to wonder if its possible to mod the softare myself.. hehehe anyway they should totally employ me as some kind of consultants

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
mate we can talk about fundamentals

including ways to succeed at life

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
dunno how it’s all gonna turn out when we split the assets but lol at 6 months cushion :: waaay less. no debt outside mortgage tho, and not sure on that too :/

god

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Punkbob posted:

I'd advise against putting too much money into a NZ index fund the economy isn't super diversified, and a housing crash is just around the corner. Put it into the S&P500(US) or a Euro-centric one. But I am an American who finds the countries dependency on milk exports a major part of it's GDP a sign of how fast poo poo could go wrong because its so tiny.

But that is all predicated on you not having any debt. The fact that you were willing to sucky sucky for a video card makes me think you might be broke and in debt. The universal advice is 3 months of emergency savings, then pay down debt as much as possible. Then increase to 6-12 months of cushion, and from there send the max to your kiwisaver that you can.

Also if you don't have a kiwisaver account, lol.

Also, also move to Oz to make more money.

Edit: Lol.jpg

i am intrigued...

seems like the only way to make money in nz is with our abhorrent housing market. hopefully new left wing govt will slow it down

The Management posted:

if you think American tech nerd figgies are anything close to what normal people get paid you’re going to be sad. most professionals get a salary and that’s it. maybe a bonus or commission. this subforum is skewed in compensation and geography and skill level and dickishness in this manner.

yeah its poo poo.. for me lol. i mean pharmacy is not a bad wage earner (bottom of top quarter of 5 figs) for sure but hit the ceiling tbh, will have to either own a pharmacy or move sideways but idk.. need to get stable and have something resembling drive

Rex-Goliath posted:

-make long term goals
-break that goal into six month increments where you can re-evaluate if you're making progress or not
-stick to it

like everything else in life the further ahead you get the easier this gets. once you land a job that has an actual ladder you can climb this becomes a matter of not being a shitlord, talking to your boss every now and then, and being genuinely interested in your job

if you don't have a ladder you have to motivate yourself every day to work on it. and the payoffs will be extremely delayed so it will be very easy to become distracted. and all this work will only get you onto the bottom rung. keep your eye on the ball

this is helpful thanks.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
ahahaha gently caress imagine that

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Foo posted:

update your en thread instead of destroying another pos thread

thread about moving ahead in life

not deepthroating

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i am drinking jesus

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
can u gamble to get rich

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
they say risk when young and conservative when old but surely there is evidence for this amongst all sorts of market variations?

so idea is.. that your funds might have turned to poo poo but coz youre young you have ample time to wait for them to return to glory, and it its still better than happened than if you kept them conserative?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
tfw when you turn to yospos for finance 101

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Roosevelt posted:

i worked for a guy who got married, then he and his bride went to las vegas for the honeymoon. they get there, go out to dinner, see a show and whatnot, then get back to the hotel to retire for the evening. she goes up to the room, hubby says he'll be up in an hour, but he'd like to play some blackjack first.

hours pass. many hours. then he finally shows up at like 3 in the morning, and his bride is ANGRY. but then he's like "i just won $30,000 at the tables, i'm going to buy you a car." and they lived happily ever after

this is like those stories when a teacher molests a child but then years later the teacher gets out of jail and then they get together and now everyone thinks "well maybe its not entirely bad when teachers molest students"

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
that hits close to home brother wow

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

spankmeister posted:

stop whining

get a strong vibe from you that you think im a real piece of poo poo.. mate id like not to be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lol tell ya what separation is a big reality check

• Locked thread