Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Redgrendel2001 posted:

This is our...safe space?

I thought it was a joke about Johnny Flynn, a fellow I know nothing about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/936676133747286016

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Cash Monet posted:

If you want to talk about political developments or anything not sports with chill people the TFF Chat thread is here for you: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3806443

lmao

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Love my rookie :)

https://mobile.twitter.com/brohrbach/status/936598610162192384/video/1

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Saric should have rotated like 2 seconds earlier, he was caught totally flat footed.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
If anyone wants to search "Donovan Mitchell" they can watch me going from lukewarm on him based on his louisville play to something else when his measurements came out to 100% advocating for him over kennard when he scrimmaged before the draft and then Mourningview and I saying he was the best player in history during summer league

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Dejan Bimble posted:

If anyone wants to search "Donovan Mitchell" they can watch me going from lukewarm on him based on his louisville play to something else when his measurements came out to 100% advocating for him over kennard when he scrimmaged before the draft and then Mourningview and I saying he was the best player in history during summer league

theres a good rise and fall series of posts where i plead with the universe to please just let the pistons take donovan mitchell if monk didnt fall farther and the crushing despair as they selected luke kennard

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Leonard (quad) has entered the "last steps" of his rehabilitation, going through 5-on-5 scrimmages and practicing with the full team, Jeff McDonald of MySanAntonio.com reports. According to coach Gregg Popovich, "Those are the last steps. That's what Tony [Parker] did before he came back."
Spin: Leonard is accompanying the team on their two-game road trip that starts Friday in Memphis and ends Sunday in Oklahoma City. While there still remains no official timetable for his return, his activity has clearly ramped up to levels similar to an NBA game. Also, though he may be feeling well enough to take the floor, McDonald reports that it may take time for Leonard to convince Popovich to deploy him, as it took two weeks from the time Tony Parker felt good enough to play for Popovich to send him out on the court. Understandably, the organization will want to err on the side of caution when it comes to Leonard's health, as he's one of the best players in the league.

Also: Gallo is out for one more week or so

rabidsquid posted:

theres a good rise and fall series of posts where i plead with the universe to please just let the pistons take donovan mitchell if monk didnt fall farther and the crushing despair as they selected luke kennard

I was going to include that and forgot as I was typing it, you were on the record as a strong pro Donovan Mitchell man

Obviously the Jazz had similar concerns about his ability to play pg and signed the best non Lebron passer in the NBA to compliment him, but they really need shooooting, shooters, shoooter.

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Dec 1, 2017

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Luke Kennard is hitting 40% of threes, so all he has to do is start jacking up 30 shots a game and he's heading to the hall of fame

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
I hope the Spurs have hired a dedicated trigger point therapist for Kawhi's hip. Don't rob us of beauty, lord o lord

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Luke Kennard is hitting 40% of threes, so all he has to do is start jacking up 30 shots a game and he's heading to the hall of fame

A buddy of mine decided that Luke Kennard is his boy and is very excited whenever he does a thing. I don't know what happened or how it happened, but he's a statistician and generally a smart NBA fan so maybe he's on to something. Or he's being weird and obsessive about a random prospect that he picked. One of the two.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Marquis de Pyro posted:

It's great that he's hitting dead open shots, if he was doing it in Boston he'd be called a revelation and future superstar, but I fear wings who can't defend

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Bulls have a -11.6 SRS so far. I can't say I'm surprised though.

If LBJ gets ejected again and maintains an artificially low FTAr. Well, one might begin to wonder if undue political influence/bribes are coming into play!

Mandrel posted:

I can’t decide if there’s some phantom injury or if it’s just mental...

With the amount of work he did last year I think it could be having detrimental carryover effects this year. If RW was on the Bulls doing his 40+ USG% world tour racking up TDs I would've wanted him to slow down and let others do more stuff.

Yea, he'd get less TDs but we wouldn't have to worry about some odd health issues with him trying to recreate 1960s Wilt.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

I meant to do this a long while ago but remembered recently. This chart has 20,747 dots representing the shooting of every NBA player season from 1947-2017 (71 years).

I highlighted ten good/five bad outlier seasons.

Elite scoring:
421 = 1967 Wilt
480.92 = 1972 Kareem
511.08 = 1982 Adrian Dantley
562.56 = 1988 Charles Barkley
511.28 = 1990 Karl Malone
412 = 1994 Shaq
473.96 = 2008 Amar'e Stoudemire
478.6 = 2014 LBJ
550.8 = 2014 KD
601 = 2016 Stephen Curry (highest ever)

Outstanding chucking:
-480.6 = 1948 Joe Fulks (lowest ever)
-345.44 = 1959 Woody Sauldsberry
-282.08 = 1966 Guy Rodgers
-165.4 = 1992 Mark Macon
-124.96 = 2016 Emmanuel Mudiay

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Zogo posted:

If LBJ gets ejected again and maintains an artificially low FTAr. Well, one might begin to wonder if undue political influence/bribes are coming into play!

I love you Zogo

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
I’d be into an NBA secret Santa thing but I’m trying to think of what basketball related poo poo I could get here in Japan

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
i'm 100% all in on this name https://twitter.com/dcsportsbog/status/936756529499463681

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

and now YOUR Go Go Dancers!

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
How does an asshole like Bob get such a great kitchen?

Dr.Radical posted:

I’d be into an NBA secret Santa thing but I’m trying to think of what basketball related poo poo I could get here in Japan

A couple guys on my soccer team in high school were from japan and would travel back on holidays and bring me back awesome japanese NBA magazines.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Oh yeah that’s true, there are some nice magazines. I could check out some vintage stores to see if there is anything weird too.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Dr.Radical posted:

They have games there they'll never release in the West. If you're into that sort of thing.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

Mr. Mambold posted:

I thought it was a joke about Johnny Flynn, a fellow I know nothing about

It was a post in the wrong forum lol

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

Mr. Mambold posted:

They have games there they'll never release in the West. If you're into that sort of thing.

Like a Slam Dunk video game? I’m not sure when the last one of those was released. NBA2K is generally what people play in regard to new stuff.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Zogo posted:

I meant to do this a long while ago but remembered recently. This chart has 20,747 dots representing the shooting of every NBA player season from 1947-2017 (71 years).

I highlighted ten good/five bad outlier seasons.

Elite scoring:
421 = 1967 Wilt
480.92 = 1972 Kareem
511.08 = 1982 Adrian Dantley
562.56 = 1988 Charles Barkley
511.28 = 1990 Karl Malone
412 = 1994 Shaq
473.96 = 2008 Amar'e Stoudemire
478.6 = 2014 LBJ
550.8 = 2014 KD
601 = 2016 Stephen Curry (highest ever)

Outstanding chucking:
-480.6 = 1948 Joe Fulks (lowest ever)
-345.44 = 1959 Woody Sauldsberry
-282.08 = 1966 Guy Rodgers
-165.4 = 1992 Mark Macon
-124.96 = 2016 Emmanuel Mudiay

Amar'e was good, lest anyone ever forget

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
watch this

https://twitter.com/UpTheThunder/status/936772387961430016

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Mr. Mambold posted:

Please tell me there isn't a basketball "dating simulator"

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

lmao

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Amin Elhassan said that the Thunder have a great Net Rating. He also said they're playing really well in the 1st quarter when the plays are more scripted, but fall apart in the 4th. I would expect them to regress to the mean and put up a decent season.

Also, the Heat are getting the 4th best shots in the league because no teams close out on their shooters. They need to make a trade for a shooter and get Rodney Macgruder healthy.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

this rules

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yT86sfzm5-0

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

The Glumslinger posted:

Please tell me there isn't a basketball "dating simulator"

I honestly have no clue, I'm just going by what my gamer stepson swears. He wanted his firstborn or 2ndborn to learn Japanese so they could take advantage of it.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
https://twitter.com/World_Wide_Wob/status/936788225795932161

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Kings fans why isnt Buddy Heild getting played?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

(extremely nick voice)

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

You probably need to watch this. https://streamable.com/j5qio

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

You probably need to watch this. https://streamable.com/j5qio

Yeah

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

CRISPYBABY posted:

A buddy of mine decided that Luke Kennard is his boy and is very excited whenever he does a thing. I don't know what happened or how it happened, but he's a statistician and generally a smart NBA fan so maybe he's on to something. Or he's being weird and obsessive about a random prospect that he picked. One of the two.

Every stats guy I ever met has a player they're irrationally fans of. There was a 6th round TE that I was convinced was the best TE in the draft the other year and he caught a TD a week or two ago for the Vikings and I went ecstatic

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Frank Mason broke into the rotation and Bogdan is a better player. Unless Buddy comes out hot he's going to get much time in a game

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

Mr. Mambold posted:

I honestly have no clue, I'm just going by what my gamer stepson swears. He wanted his firstborn or 2ndborn to learn Japanese so they could take advantage of it.

Always the best source on Japan. Behind the kid whose uncle works at Nintendo, I mean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
i made the december thread https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3842401

• Locked thread