Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Earnestly posted:

Once I thundered up, I couldn't thunder back down.

Indoor plumbing or a Thumder Bucket should suffice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Earnestly posted:

Once I thundered up, I couldn't thunder back down.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Also the teams don't have exclusive control over injury announcements . The players have control too.

For example embiid was blocking public statements about his knee last season for part of the time

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Dexo posted:

Five Guys fries are trash, as they would likely kill me

What's up fellow peanut allergist :(:respek::(

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Just wierd to me to bash the sixers training staff when they heading into game one with everyone active and the only thing is a lingering shoulder issue for Fultz.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/Rachel__Nichols/status/920105150894825472

Shocking banana boat revelations

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It's weird to me to have three consecutive lottery picks miss their entire first seasons but I guess we'll see how Fultz recovers.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

zoux posted:

It's weird to me to have three consecutive lottery picks miss their entire first seasons but I guess we'll see how Fultz recovers.
Fultz is definitely playing through the injury, he played through it in the preseason. the question is whether or not it’s a good idea.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It is not.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

zoux posted:

It is not.

It's definitely not

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

quote:

NBA October/November N/V

rest in peace goos and voos

lets go uhhhh... The Port Land Trial Blaziers you can fight for that 8 seed I believe in you

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/gqmagazine/status/920259740126638080

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I wish he were King.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

euphronius posted:

I wish he were King.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Let us christen this new season in the traditional way

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caNVWoHLejE

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

This is super goofy and super sick at the same time

lebron.txt etc

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
Happy basketballmas, friends. More opening day canon for you and yours:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOdsKyv2KzU

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I AM HYPE AS gently caress

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
I am hype to watch a lot of basketball this week

I'm super excited to go to the Lakers/Clippers game on Thursday

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

*BPT voice* Man must have a full-time beard stylist and drat with his money I would too!

ElPedro
Apr 22, 2008
Finally the Lebrons are gonna play and all the other awesome teams too. There's so much fun basketball in wait for us - I hope the Rockets 2 super PGs will agree to win vs GS.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

My man's wearing some excellent Fenty LeBronzer in this now that I look closer

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Well done

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

personally I can't wait to see how soon it'll take for Chris Paul to start barking at Harden. It might be as soon as the second quarter tonight!

Sixers/Wizards will be a good matchup tomorrow, will be interesting to see how many minutes Embiid gets.

thought: I think we're going to see the coaching carousel start up again in earnest this season. lots of middle of the road teams have their eyes set on the playoffs. could easily see people like Dwane Casey, Terry Stotts, Alvin Gentry, etc get the boot if their teams don't make a good impression. probably not any midseason firings though

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I just want to get in early on calling the Raptors losing to the Bulls. They might have lost the alphas but the Thursday night Bulls is eternal.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Carlosologist posted:

personally I can't wait to see how soon it'll take for Chris Paul to start barking at Harden. It might be as soon as the second quarter tonight!

Sixers/Wizards will be a good matchup tomorrow, will be interesting to see how many minutes Embiid gets.

thought: I think we're going to see the coaching carousel start up again in earnest this season. lots of middle of the road teams have their eyes set on the playoffs. could easily see people like Dwane Casey, Terry Stotts, Alvin Gentry, etc get the boot if their teams don't make a good impression. probably not any midseason firings though

Yeah, there were 0 coaches fired last year, which means this year will be a bumper crop

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

BWV posted:

I just want to get in early on calling the Raptors losing to the Bulls. They might have lost the alphas but the Thursday night Bulls is eternal.

It's not tnt though

Raptors still gonna lose

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Raptor Bulls has its own power that transcends broadcasters.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

It's a shame the NBA is biased against the Trail Blazers apparently. CJ and the boys will prevail however. 2018 NBA world champions of the world!

The journey starts here!

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Carlosologist posted:

Brett Brown said in the "teens" which makes sense to me since he played 5 on 5 for the first time like 10 days ago. He's not in game shape at all.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://mobile.twitter.com/mcten/status/920307910135164933

Lol

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

LeAnkle

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Yeah but will Kyrie shake his hand before the tip?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

straight up brolic posted:

Also at what point do we stop chalking all of this up to bad luck and start blaming the abysmal Sixers training staff?

idk looking at how good Embiid is (when he plays) and Simmons looked in the preseason it may just be that having your players miss the first season or two is the new market inefficiency.

Carlosologist posted:

Didn't Casey just sign a huge extension though.

Stotts I could see.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Joffrey Lauvergne will watch the whole league burn. He is the one and only king.
http://foxsanantonio.com/sports/spurs-zone/look-joffrey-lauvergne-shows-off-epic-gladiator-inspired-tattoo

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Not having Crisp Haul on my team feels great folks

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/basketballtalk/status/920303433990721536

https://twitter.com/sixers/status/920317239378751488

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Ben Wallace x Hakeem

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
basketball tonight!

:banjo::11tea::burger::circlefap::clint::mamacita: yay! :cthulhu::dance::dukedog::hawaaaafap::hfive::sax::bernget20:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

I want LeBron to block Kyrie's poo poo so bad. Kyrie getting dunked on would be even better, but he doesn't "contest" "shots"

• Locked thread