Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I dream of a league where only players with cornrows win MVPs...and that dream is coming soon

(also the dress code is gone and Sheed is still playing)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

That's a really well done tattoo even if the art itself is a bit trite.

Edit: ^^^ The dress code is at least partially responsible for the current state of NBA fashion and is one of the best accidental things to happen ever. Bite your tongue.

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/21051649/lebron-james-talks-michael-jordan-donald-trump-more

quote:

James, 32, does not know how much longer he'll be inspiring folks on the basketball court, but he hinted that sticking around the league long enough to potentially play against his oldest son, 13-year-old LeBron Jr., should he make it to the NBA, might be unrealistic.

"I know I won't be able to play at this level forever, but to be washed [up] and play ... I don't know if I can play washed," James said. "but I drat sure would love to stick around if my oldest son can have an opportunity to play against me. That'd be, that'd be the icing on the cake right there."

If that does happen, he already has a welcome gift planned for his son. "I'll foul the s--- out of him!" James said. "I'd give him all six fouls. I'd foul the s--- out of Bronny, man."

It's weird how much I used to hate LeBron and how much I like him now. I guess we both grew up. :cheers:

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

LeBron your beard is weird.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Father/son sports pairings own and I hope we get to see it with bron

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Imagine chaos dunking on your own son in an NBA game

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Everyone reply to this with your most absolutely thermonuclear spicy take for the season. It can be anything.

Prediction: Lebron and President Deals go after each other again when Lebron suffers a huge unseen loss

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

NickRoweFillea posted:

Everyone reply to this with your most absolutely thermonuclear spicy take for the season. It can be anything.

Prediction: Lebron and President Deals go after each other again when Lebron suffers a huge unseen loss

Who has the worse hairline, Bron or Trump?

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

NickRoweFillea posted:

Paul George wins the MVP

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Chicago-style Deep Dish is quite clearly not real pizza. It's not bad, but it's not pizza. The garbage they serve as "pizza" in Boston is terrible, but they have some of the best Tex-Mex in the country, which makes very little geographic sense but remains true, unlike the inexplicable Tex-Mex dead zone that surrounds NYC. The two best tex-mex restaurant in NYC are Chipotle and a taco that closed for a week or two after a worker got sucked into the tortilla machine and died, so you're likely feasting on microscopic bits of human flesh when you dine there. The Knicks are going to win less than 28 games this season.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

NickRoweFillea posted:

Clippers are going to get a top-five pick

Homer variant: Malik Monk will deserve Rookie of the Year but get robbed by some dickhead

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
One more hype post for the 20 dollar goon fantasy league we're doing

https://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/nba/153685/invitation?key=035fd45fab5934e1&soc_trk=lnk&ikey=86057619535a39ec

One spot open and we draft tonight, come get your embiids!

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

EvanTH posted:

Chicago-style Deep Dish is quite clearly not real pizza. It's not bad, but it's not pizza. The garbage they serve as "pizza" in Boston is terrible, but they have some of the best Tex-Mex in the country, which makes very little geographic sense but remains true, unlike the inexplicable Tex-Mex dead zone that surrounds NYC. The two best tex-mex restaurant in NYC are Chipotle and a taco that closed for a week or two after a worker got sucked into the tortilla machine and died, so you're likely feasting on microscopic bits of human flesh when you dine there. The Knicks are going to win less than 28 games this season.

You want to find a real tex-mex dead zone, try seattle, especially the suburbs near microsoft. I think the best mexican food I had all summer was chipotle :chloe:

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001

NickRoweFillea posted:

Further prediction: the Cavs will lose tonight and Trump will tweet about it tomorrow morning.

morestuff posted:

Clippers are going to get a top-five pick

Further prediction: DeAndre Jordan will not be on the team after the All-Star break.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
https://twitter.com/KyleNeubeck/status/920326321535897601

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

NickRoweFillea posted:

Carmelo and Russ get into an argument and shoving match on the court.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

NickRoweFillea posted:

Russ leads the league in assists and still gets called a ballhog

Athanatos posted:

Paul George wins the MVP

No idea how this happens but I'd like to find out

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

EvanTH posted:

Anna's Taqueria is God's gift to an undeserving mankind.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

NickRoweFillea posted:

Houston and OKC are both worse than they were last year.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Came here to post this

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

NickRoweFillea posted:

Warriors miss the playoffs due to a severe case of bitchmade

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

NickRoweFillea posted:

The Pelicans will beat the Warriors in round one of the WC playoffs.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

NickRoweFillea posted:

The Spurs will miss the playoffs. The Kawhi-less games to start the season will put them behind too many good teams and the age of the team will make it too hard to pass enough of them.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I want Nick Young's fat rear end thrown out of the team plane

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
#FreeEmbiid

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Kyrie's weirdness and the loss of two good defenders makes Boston drop to a five seed.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Prediction: the warriors will fall apart as a team when they realise nothing matters and there is nothing to prove. Basketball ennui if you will. They get bounced in the first round.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Boston will win 44 games you heard it here first

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Milos Teodosic is going to win ROY

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Sports science is at a constant war with athletes

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm not a huge lover of corn rows but Embiid looks pretty sharp. Philly fans are eating it up.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

kiimo posted:

I'm not a huge lover of corn rows but Embiid looks pretty sharp. Philly fans are eating it up.

Keith is that you?

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

kiimo posted:

Clearly he's channeling AI with the homage. When we play the Cavs I hope he shoves Ty Lue to the ground and steps over him.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Anna's Taqueria is God's gift to an undeserving mankind.

:hai:

MalarkeyToboggan posted:

Prediction: the warriors will fall apart as a team when they realise nothing matters and there is nothing to prove. Basketball ennui if you will. They get bounced in the first round.

"championship rings don't even look that good. sorta tacky really"

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

kiimo posted:

Embiid has what we call in the biz “tight rows”

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

OzFactor posted:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/21051649/lebron-james-talks-michael-jordan-donald-trump-more

It's weird how much I used to hate LeBron and how much I like him now. I guess we both grew up. :cheers:
wait why is this framed as "unrealistic", if he's 13 he could make it to the league in 5-6 years and I could totally still see a 38 year old LeBron in the league if he wanted to be

I never hated LeBron mostly cuz the Spurs usually beat him anyway :twisted:

NickRoweFillea posted:

Kawhi leads the Spurs to the NBA finals after demolishing Zaza with le dunk de la mort pt. 2
wait that's not a hot take...that's...justice
The Lacob family is reclaimed by the pacific ocean, Elon Musk spontaneously combusts, the Warriors stay in Oakland
Kevin Fartsmella Durant declares he's "going home" to join the new expansion Baltimore Bullets. The Wizards subsist on a sea of their own tears

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
A good article

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2739165-rappers-reppin-their-hometown-nba-squads.amp.html

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I somehow feel compelled to get my bad playoff seedings on record before the league officially begins

West
1 GS
2 Houston
3 OKC
4 SAS
5 Wolves
6 Jazz
7 Nugs
8 Clips

East
1 Toronto
2 DC
3 Celts
4 Cavs
5 Bucks
6 Heat
7 Sixers
8 Pacers

1-4 in the West is so good. Hell 5-8 is really good too even though it's a big step down

obviously the Cavs are going to come out of the East in the end but people forget they lost a bunch of regular season games last season and that was with Kyrie. IT is gonna miss a ton of time so they'll lose more this season, I claim.

the East already sucks at the bottom but without the Bulls or Hawks in the playoff picture it gets pretty grim. Sixers are a shoe-in, to me. I should have picked the Hornets for the last spot maybe but I picked the Pacers without giving it proper consideration in Zogo's survey so I'll double down on that instead

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Oct 17, 2017

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Tae posted:

I want Nick Young's fat rear end thrown out of the team plane

He is gonna hit so many threes this year, and be in contention for 6th man of the year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Zach Lowe's 32 crazy Predictions: http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/21002422/zach-lowe-32-crazy-nba-predictions-2017-18

Golden State wins 70 games: Doesnt seem that crazy. They are real loving good. It's just historically crazy
Houston finishes second in the West: This it's pants on head crazy
Kawhi Leonard wins MVP: Injury prevents this probably
Karl-Anthony Towns goes 50-40-85 The 40 is probably reaching, but gently caress this would be cool to see again
Cody Zeller wins his starting spot back from Dwight Howard Poor Dwight

• Locked thread