Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Careful Drums
Oct 30, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I just logged in to Dropbox on a new desktop. Can you see where the 'install Dropbox client' button is here?

wtf is this all about https://dropbox.design/

to add insult to self-injury, improper ALT tags on the home image

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tmesis
Jan 18, 2007

sup holmes
Megamarm
this looks like box art for illustrator 88

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

u suck 🖕🏼

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
shut da gently caress up op

pram
Jun 10, 2001

tmesis posted:

this looks like box art for illustrator 88

lol

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

i'll try the dropbox bus

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
It's great but only if you go on fiverr and get an indian clickfarm to repeatedly create gmail accounts and sign up with your referral link

Never pay for the cloud

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

dropbox kept emailing me saying "if you don't login to your account we're going to close it in 30 days!" and i was like well loving close it I've never even used it gently caress dropbox

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

fun fact about this: you might think, "Oh look some stupid trendy agency full of 25 year olds wearing $600 kanye west dadshoes designed this" but you'd be wrong

it took five different agencies to help them realize this master vision of design

pram
Jun 10, 2001

qirex posted:

fun fact about this: you might think, "Oh look some stupid trendy agency full of 25 year olds wearing $600 kanye west dadshoes designed this" but you'd be wrong

it took five different agencies to help them realize this master vision of design

:discourse:

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
it's fine

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I use OneDrive for all my cloud computing needs as it came with ms office [the best office software suite] for some reason

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]

Stymie posted:

it's fine

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

qirex posted:

e: i literally cannot tell how they've changed the logo. they gushed about how they'd updated the design in the ios app as well but it looks identical to my eyes
could be worse i guess

Generic Monk fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Oct 18, 2017

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Generic Monk posted:

e: i literally cannot tell how they've changed the logo. they gushed about how they'd updated the design in the ios app as well but it looks identical to my eyes
could be worse i guess

changes to the box logo are pretty minor, if you weren't the kind of person who pays attention to this sort of thing it's easy to lose behind all their awesome new shiny colors and 217 different font weights

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]
looks worse in every way

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Zam Wesell posted:

looks worse in every way

even though their name includes the word 'box' and their logo is a box and they're named after a physical box in the real world they want you to know that they're, like, more than a box, man

we felt too constrained by the limitations of this incredibly obvious and consumer friendly brand metaphor

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

and the font they chose is literally called grotesque

WilWheaton
Oct 11, 2006

It'd be hard to get bored on this ship!
dropbox is bad op

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

WilWheaton posted:

dropbox is bad op

Stymie posted:

it's fine

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Stymie posted:

it's fine

it's whatever. "co-creation collages" is a funny euphemism for design by committee

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy

qirex posted:

changes to the box logo are pretty minor, if you weren't the kind of person who pays attention to this sort of thing it's easy to lose behind all their awesome new shiny colors and 217 different font weights

drop5rhombus

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

polyester concept posted:

and the font they chose is literally called grotesque

that's just an adjective that means "limited variation in line weight"

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin
Dropbox keeps deleting my :filez:

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

qirex posted:

i like the old font and old box more

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

hifi posted:

i like the old font and old box more

same

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

qirex posted:

also lmao

I normally may not believe that but I'm sure it's real

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
speaking of horrible 2017 redesigns, new witecutter/sweethome is babbys first Wordpress affiliate website, complete with chunky unreadable fonts, ugly baby blue colors, weird center justified poo poo and shoving buyme links in your face tooting their own generic horn on the fp

I don't read it much, but the new mentalfloss redesign also sucks, and bad for many of the same probs

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Your Friendly FYAD Helper
Ask Me For FYAD Help
Another Reason To Talk To Me Is To Hangout

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

yeah the old seagate logo is way better and i always liked it a lot

it's clean and elegant and it's the tracks on a hard disk ffs.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

old men likes old things.

colour me shocked.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

new seagate font is real nice, should have paired it to the old logo

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

just start out with a borning logo at the beginning and save yourself the pain

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

Or just be like Microsoft:

same thing until you realize that Windows is the stronger brand so tie that in

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

of course you could pay millions of dollars to "refresh your image" after all the dog fighting and drug trafficking

and then realize that nobody likes the new poo poo just give them the old poo poo but cleaned up for lower resolution screens.

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

Logo Simplification has always been the trend for all brands as you need to be recognized faster

i like this one because they were like "quick guys! we need to show that we're more digital!" and then *picks an RGB color instead of a CMYK color* *Picks a san serif font that looks real close*

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
is spideroak any good

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

Dell and HP actually had a lot of taste in this regard of keeping the branding more like a stamp

except for 1974 because drugs or something

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

WTF THIS IS THE BRANDING THREAD NOW

goddddddd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

pagancow posted:

Dell and HP actually had a lot of taste in this regard of keeping the branding more like a stamp

except for 1974 because drugs or something

forgot the latest one:

• Locked thread