Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
The most I can see there is the whole 'woman with stereotypically masculine traits likes girls' thing, but rosa is too cool for that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Brooklyn Nine-Nine's 100th episode is tomorrow which means one thing: syndication on TBS begins January 4th!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

It's an hour tonight and starts at nine

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Wanna say... Alan?

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Hello, I'd like to humiliate some hussies and I'm in a hurry.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Jake is a good friend.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Captain Holt's use of the term "awake" instead of "woke" because the latter is gramatically incomprehensible had me laughing for like five minutes.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Jake is a good friend.

Scully would disagree!

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Zero One posted:

Hello, I'd like to humiliate some hussies and I'm in a hurry.

Second favourite reveal of the night. After Gina, obviously.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

HookShot posted:

Captain Holt's use of the term "awake" instead of "woke" because the latter is gramatically incomprehensible had me laughing for like five minutes.

Concur.

Also, I had totally forgotten about Captain Holt being gay. Not that I forgot he was gay, but that it’s such a well-developed part of him it didn’t come to mind. He’s not just “Gay Holt” but someone who has a loving marriage and faced adversity in life to get where they are.

It helped put the Rosa stuff in perspective. And I think that was done well and also quite real. This was a much better way to develop this aspect of her character w/o resorting to incredibly zany hijinks. Not to mention the stuff Rosa’s parents said was real as gently caress and highlights the adversity that the LGBTQ community faces. Holt’s hug to Rosa really got me, did I hear his voice break or a sniffle?

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

I liked that Jake didn't have a "fun" scene where he has a fit because Rosa never told him about it, he was just supportive to her.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Apparently it was Stefanie Beatriz herself who pushed for Danny Trejo as Rosa's father.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Adnor posted:

I liked that Jake didn't have a "fun" scene where he has a fit because Rosa never told him about it, he was just supportive to her.

I also liked that, during the restaurant scene, at no point did Jake chide Rosa for backing down from telling her parents or try to get her to do it. He was 100% cool to let her do it in her own time, he was just freaked out at having to pretend to be her boyfriend.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
man outside of the fantasy writer sequel episode this season has been so great. and even that had hilarious moments like the diversity panel

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Weren't the characters cops at one point?

E: vvmight be a few eps behind

Mantis42 fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Dec 16, 2017

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Said after an episode where they took down a whole crime family?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I personally got very angry when every episode of The Office wasn’t about selling paper

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

That is, in fact, when The Office went bad.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

this was the funniest visual gag of the whole season so far

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
Am I insane or was that Rosa episode the best of the series and one of the most surprisingly mature depictions of bisexuality ever

This show is very good

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

So I caught up on this season in the past few days and this is likely a controversial opinion, but man the show is so much better without Gina. While subjectively I felt that her role had gotten meaner and less funnier as time went on--which is probably the more contentious part--it really seems like losing a "main" cast member makes the weekly A/B plots move along faster and we don't get as many micro-sized C plots. I've seen some reviews take note of this and I really just think that the show is better overall. I'm still an episode of two behind so I don't know if she comes back yet, but I'm glad we had this half season to at least give something a little different.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Yeah, Gina is and has always been extremely bad and annoying.

I think the writers have kinda realized that going into this season, though.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Mymla posted:

Yeah, Gina is and has always been extremely bad and annoying.

I think the writers have kinda realized that going into this season, though.

Are you suggesting one of them knocked her up to avoid having to have her on the show?

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Norwegian Rudo posted:

Are you suggesting one of them knocked her up to avoid having to have her on the show?

Yes.

No, I'm suggesting the show seems to treat her less as some writer's mary sue and more like a normal character.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
My head canon is that Gina was actually a Trickster Deity attached to the 99. It makes perfect sense once you accept that.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Mymla posted:

Yes.

No, I'm suggesting the show seems to treat her less as some writer's mary sue and more like a normal character.

How is she a Mary Sue.

Plus her introduction back to the show has her solving a problem the main cast can't effortlessly.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Show returns on March 18th, following the Simpsons.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I never had a problem with Gina but man I absolutely did not miss or even remember she was gone AT ALL

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Escobarbarian posted:

I never had a problem with Gina but man I absolutely did not miss or even remember she was gone AT ALL
I'm in the same boat. B99 isn't one of my top shows, but I watch it regularly and it was weird when Gina came back to be like "oh yeah, her." It's a shame, I love Chelsea Peretti a lot.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Speaking of Gina, there were pictures on Twitter of Gina Rodriguez (of Jane the Virgin fame) with the cast, notably Stephanie Beatriz. No clue who she'll be playing, but Rosa's new girlfriend seems likely.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Ha I remember Beatriz saying that was her ideal choice so that rules

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

It's been reported that that is indeed who she'll be playing.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

The 99 is back tonight!

99!

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Rosa at the hairdresser is amazing

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George

Maxwell Lord posted:

Rosa at the hairdresser is amazing

But that blonde perm violated the Geneva Convention, pure torture.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

The constant crawling on their stomach bit was fantastic.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Pervert costumes were great too.

Good return to form! This episode had a lot of high points.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

PotatoJudge posted:

But that blonde perm violated the Geneva Convention, pure torture.

That Perm saved Jake's life :colbert:

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
"Hello, it is me, Raymond Holt," was the best line of the episode.

That and Holt starting all his texts with "Dear Jake" and ending them with "Sincerely, Raymond Holt."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

HookShot posted:

That and Holt starting all his texts with "Dear Jake" and ending them with "Sincerely, Raymond Holt."

Just caught the new episode this morning. All the jokes and bits were great, but Holt's texting etiquette had me in stitches. Everybody loves Raymond.

That episode was top-notch B99 and I hope they can keep it up for the rest of the season.