Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006
Me when I'm playing TF2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1a5QQoHh60

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006
Playing defense engineer is a massive drag. I dunno how anyone does it.

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006
Play stupid games win stupid prizes. Loot boxes are a cancer and I hope it goes away someday but it won't because its being normalized to an entire generation of young gamers. :oldmanshakinghisfistinawheelchairsmilethatimtoolazytolookupinthesmiliesdatabase:

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006
I feel bad for you dudes who have fancy 50+ dollar item glowies. I force dx8 so I never see them.

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006

Slime posted:

Doesn't this mean you also can't see when a pyro is trying to kill you?

then again that means you can actually see the pyro to shoot him as opposed to being blinded by flames so

Pyro flames still work but items with certain paint jobs don't show at all.

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006
It sounds like its fine in MvM but using the gas can in other game modes is booty. The AoE coverage is so small its useless as area denial and leaves you vulnerable while weapon swapping. Does anyone use it with any actual success outside of casual?

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006
I really wish there was an easier way to learn to rocket jump. I've spent quite a few hours on jump maps and playing soldier and my fingers/brain just can't do whats needed to chain the jumps so you go flying around the map. Its cool being able to see a bot do a jump but it would be even cooler to see a bot of a jump you just performed. I need to get an outside look on what I'm doing so I can correct it. Is there a map that has this kind of feature?

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006
Oh yeah I can do the basic stuff okay enough its the more advanced pogos and stuff like that I just cant wrap my head around. I know the answer is to just practice but I have like 300 hours on soldier and I still mess up even the simple advanced techniques. Stuff like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhfVR1QB7t0&t=120s https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhfVR1QB7t0&t=304s I can't do it man, just can't do it. Makes me sad inside. I wanna fly with the eagles.

E: I wanna be this guy. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rl7mTT8JlnM

FalloutGod fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Dec 9, 2017

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006
Backburner is baby stuff. Try the phlog with the new flames. Add a medic that knows to heal a phlog in progress and you'll destroy the entire team. The server I usually play on has a problem where 70% of pyros are using it and there isn't anybody can do. You can airblast em back to some success but more often then not they'll just run from one enemy to the next leaving body after body.

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006
Anyone have any cool direct hit videos? I've started using it and it feels like a slower quake rail gun. Its super satisfying to get kills with it but I'm always bottom-mid scoring. I mean that poo poo ultimately doesn't matter if you're able to push the game objective the same way you can otherwise but still... I mainly play on 32 person servers so I'm sure that has something to do with it.

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006
The phlog is broken as gently caress. Secondary item damage builds the meter so they just stay back, land 5-6 scorch shots, and get guaranteed kills every single life. Add a medic to pocket them and they are killing half the team or the entire team if the medic has an uber. You can try bouncing them with explosives but that only works so well and you can't airblast them because the flame range is so long. It also sucks because the flame particles take up most of the screen. I force dx8 so maybe its just a problem for me but if I have a phlog flame anywhere near me I just can't see anything. I also play on a server with very good players so all of these issues added up together are very frustrating.

I've never felt annoyed being killed by any other weapon but with the phlog it takes away all your agency and it blows. Even the sandman bonk was fine by me because it took some skill to aim that. People would joke pyro is just a W+M1 class but it really is now. I'm the chump that uses the degreaser and axtinguisher combo still because drat if getting a kill isn't satisfying.

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006
Are there any tried and true high fps config files out there these days? I installed one like a year ago and players that are a less than 10 feet away from me move smoothly but further out it looks like they are kind of stuttering. I've just kind of put up with it because I don't snipe and :effort: but I'd really to get that fixed.

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006
I don't think there is a collective goon server anymore. I've been playing here for the past 2 years. http://stats.topnotchclan.com/overview/1

32 player, payload, all talk off. Community is decent, quite a few women play there so a lot of toxic bullshit gets filtered out. 2-4 active admins. It has VIP if you have the patience to deal with it but you can just rejoin the server after each map change and you can usually dodge the kick. Check the time line to see if it lines up with your play schedule. Its generally only active at night.

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006
So what are ya'lls favorite sprays? I've been rockin the dancing sniper for a while but I wanna change it up... is there a dancing medic? I usually play medic. I tried searching the game banana sprays but poo poo there are a lot of brony and anime sprays.

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006
Maps need a max time limit. The PL community server I play on has started dabbling with CP maps on Wednesday and they always suck the life out of me bouncing between the 4th and 5th point for 30-40 minutes.

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006
Saw so many posts thought a new Lazy Purple video was out so I went and checked and hey.. how about that. He did sniper this time.

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006
What combination is that? I have a friend that would dig it.

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006

Reiley posted:

Playing Soldier on pubs with a friend who isn't good at games but likes the Medic and telling them to "run kritz, trust me" was the most joy I've ever seen come out of this game. You get to share an experience with them that they may not have a chance to pull off on their own and they're so happy.

Being part of a competent soldier/medic duo is absolutely the most fun you can have in a video game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006
The pistol that lets you shove as your alt fire is sooooooo lame. I've spent entire rounds trying to push people off poo poo.