Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
those changes seem... pretty ok?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
GUYTH RETHART THTEAM!!1

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
hey valve you can put the item server back up now.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
65,210 idiots playing this dead gay game.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Fenn the Fool! posted:

Even with settings minimized and resolution decreased my FPS drops to the 30s when stuff is happening on screen. I can run overwatch no problem, what the hell?

only having this problem on the new maps.

e: nope, now the item server's working my framerate's gone to poo poo :smith:

Jose Mengelez fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Oct 21, 2017

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
I'm still using chris' maxquality config from like 2012 https://chrisdown.name/tf2/ and the framerate is dropping by half in busy parts of the new maps :/
what's a good eyecandy config for someone aiming for 120+fps at 1080p?
or is that just a pipe dream in 2017?

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Jose Mengelez posted:

I'm still using chris' maxquality config from like 2012 https://chrisdown.name/tf2/ and the framerate is dropping by half in busy parts of the new maps :/
what's a good eyecandy config for someone aiming for 120+fps at 1080p?
or is that just a pipe dream in 2017?

turns out chris' configs are still all good i was just forcing two different types of AA on top of each other.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
thanks, i'll try them out later.

for anyone having trouble with the 10 points in a single life challenge (tried with the vaccinator, made me real unpopular) just set up a decent engie nest and turtle for a while, the pyro stampede will get you to 10 points in no time at all.
its not like a spy will get anywhere near you when 8 of your teammates are wildly spraying fire in every direction.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
I got the cow paint... but you cant apply it to the mad milk. trash game for imbeciles.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

Has there ever been a way to use DSR in this and have it stick after shutting it down? I know CS:GO let you use DSR resolutions and they would not reset back to desktop resolution when you restarted it. TF2 always just resets back to 1920x1080, no matter what I tried with cfg files and launch options.

if you can't get it to stick for whatever reason, tf2 supports 8x MSAA... it's really good.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
pfff dead ringer was a crutch for garbage spies... qwtf/tfc feigning...now that was an art! hell, we had to walk 50 miles barefoot in the snow for a 2fort scrim and we liked it that way! kids these days with their newfangled whatchamajiggers don't even know they're born.
*accidentally spits dentures into soup*

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
all the default loadouts are good as hell. 2007 tf2 was a drat fine game.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

This game has by far the most number of cheats I have ever seen. I'm not even talking about 'hmm, that guy is really good at aiming, maybe suspiciously so', just the level of really blatant 360-spinning snipers. I can't comment on the times when I've wondered if someone is just being a tiny bit subtle.

my dude, have you heard of a little game called GTA:Online?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
its hosed beyond belief that the paints generate a new weapon rather than, y'know...painting an existing weapon.