Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Just reinstalled this game after 10 years and holy poo poo I’ve lost any ability I had to play the game effectively. Also the game runs at like 15 FPS holy poo poo. All I can do is blind spam pipe bombs at choke points, and honestly that’s enough to entertain me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Jippa posted:

If you stick around there are ways of getting much better fps (the default is awful). Just click a few choices and follow the instructions on where to paste it. Well worth it.

https://mastercomfig.com/app/

https://www.teamfortress.tv/42867/mastercomfig-fps-customization-config

greatly appreciate this. it feels impossible to actually play the game with certain classes with terrible FPS. If I could even get 30 consistently that would be miraculous.

Xakura posted:

This hasn't been my experience at all. I also returned after a bunch of years, and have almost exclusively been playing casual. Yeah there are some bots, but they get kicked pretty fast, and a couple of times I've gotten into a match that is taken over by bots, and have to re-queue.

Game is great, medic is great, demo, pyro are great, why are there no tf2 smilies.

A large number of casual matchmaking game I join have bots initiating vote kicks against random players. I’ve been kicked a few times and attempted to be kicked even more. It’s kind of really loving bad, I barely know what is happening as a returning player. I don’t know what a bot even looks like besides them spamming vote kicks and saying ‘f1 bot’

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Hadlock posted:

I found out that spamming text chat macros is permanent muscle memory and when playing pyro I just spam into the void, "hey Emron, how's that 8200 working out for you?" endlessly

I’ve retained a strong ability to spam random voice barks at inappropriate times. I think it’s the thing that’s brought me back to the game: being able to make my character say dumb poo poo for no reason because it’s funny sometimes. Miss those cool fools sessions

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Overwatch is for sickos that think the pinnacle of shooters is joining tight matches where you lose/win MMR and thus prove your worth over the reeking plebeians. TF2 is a living shitpost where having a giggle is the most virtuous action and well don’t that beat all.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

funny enough it’s because the bots are doing vote kicks on any non bot in the server. Some servers just become bot dominated no man’s lands